Bulking for Ectomorphs

Options
kumabeee
kumabeee Posts: 2 Member
I've been eating ~3000 calories a day, hitting my macros, but most of it just ends up in the toilet at the end of the day. Any tips to up food/nutrient absorption?

Replies

• charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    3000 cals for an ectomorph is not all that much. The only tip is finding foods that you digest well. everyone is different. some people digest eggs great and others don't. some people handle gluten well and others don't. what are your main sources of food?
  • kumabeee
    kumabeee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to concentrate on the macros more than just simple calorie in, calorie out but I usually end up going over 3000. My diet is mainly eggs, chicken, rice, milk, oats, and beans. I throw in a huge shake that hits about a quarter of my macros post workout with protein powder among some other things.

I'm thinking that nutritional timing could be the next step, but I haven't really looked into it yet all that much.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    The next step is to eat more.
  • lawwang
    lawwang Posts: 24
    Options
    You need to eat more. What did MFP suggest for daily caloric intake? From 148 to 160 lbs, I bulked on 3200 calories/day and I'm an endomorph, so you're definitely not eating enough.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've been eating ~3000 calories a day, hitting my macros, but most of it just ends up in the toilet at the end of the day. Any tips to up food/nutrient absorption?

Nothing normal about issues absorbing food. See a doc.
  • stockdogDavidDog
    Options
    Try Susan Kleiner's "Power Eating".