Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• thisisart1
    thisisart1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    proud resident of Bed Stuy, formerly the lower east side.
    Hi everyone! I'm Kara, and similar but opposite of Krissy, I am a proud resident of the lower east side, formerly of Bed Stuy!

I am 35 and am looking to get back to the weight I was when I moved to NY 10 years ago. Nice to see other city folk on here!
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Hopefully spring will break up this deep freeze and we can enjoy our awesome city!
  • Jess_Lynch
    Jess_Lynch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FYI everyone, this is my new account. (formerly Hi_Im_Jess) add me if you want :happy:
  • amannduhh
    amannduhh Posts: 8
    Options
    hey ny!

my name is amanda. i am 27, born & raised in the bronx. i have had my ordeals with losing, gaining on and off MANY times and have finally been on the right track.i was 200lbs & i managed to lose 30lbs since december '13. i am currently 167lbs and fighting to keep my life on track. feel free to add me. let's get to our goals :)
  • Llyna2014
    Llyna2014 Posts: 4
    Options
    PS, anyone go to New York Sports Clubs?

I do. All over Manhattan. Recently discovered the best Zumba instructor and an awesome Cardio Jam and Shred instructor. Let me know if you'd want to go to the club together sometime.
  • Llyna2014
    Llyna2014 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30 y.o. and getting back to a healthier lifestyle. I've lost 35 pounds over the last year and want to continue the progress. I go to NYSC 4-5 days a week and am trying to get into running. Would love to find a gym buddy or two. Looking to motivate and be motivated by amazing people. Together we'll accomplish our fitness goals! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • DidiGoddess
    Options
    I have recently transformed from an injury that left me incapacitated for 10 - yes TEN YEARS. I practice gratitude every day and am looking for activity buddies to have BIG fun with.

After all, the purpose for getting fit, eating well, and doing the work to care for our wonderful bodies is to ENJOY LIFE!

So, I am organizing a bunch of private, intro classes where we can try new fitness and health activities WITH FUN PEOPLE who are supportive and who won't give us that snotty-gym-vibe to crash our endorphins. And, of course, we all have a little fun with beverages and hors d'oeuvres after.

These are NOT money-making-ventures. I am interested in finding fitness friends to have fun with.

You can find out more about me and my fun intentions on my profile!
  • SEK327
    SEK327 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Susan, 31, Long Island. I joined MFP a while ago, but wasn't ready to make the commitment to myself just then.
    So, here I am! (as of yesterday :laugh: )
    I'm looking to lose about 100lbs total!!!!
    I am awesome when it comes to motivating other people, but I find I need a bit of motivation from others, too.
    Want to know more? Check out my MFP profile or just add me as a friend~!*
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sophia, 24 Brooklyn! I've lived here for about 2 years. I am looking to be a size 8 (not a weight goal but I have no idea how much I will weigh at that point) I also have the lofty goal of running the NY Marathon in the next 2-3 years. Feel free to add me.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Any interest in a monthly meeting somewhere to compare weight loss/fitness goal progress, etc.? So that there's more of a real life network & accountability? We could meet in a neutral, public (yay safety!) location every 2-4 weeks & keep each other in check.

Also with NYSC.

Thoughts?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im totally down.
  • yoovie
    Options
    oh wait crap, I should probably do this for brooklyn instead
  • Fit_NYC_
    Options
    In for Brooklyn!
  • yoovie
    Options
    all of the brooklyn kings, gather please
  • Fit_NYC_
    Options
    all of the brooklyn kings, gather please

Awesome!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm game for manhattan or brooklyn.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I keep getting pissed off jealous of people who have things like their running or yoga class or club, etc - i would like some fit minded friends who are active and like to do sht like tough mudders and rock climbing and bodyweight stuff at the playgrounds and lifting and flexing in the mirror and goofing off in the ocean at the beach and drinking beers.

this is new york city - there should be a few awesome people around.

I dont automatically make friends with everyone - im picky and looking for similar people to hang with if we get along. none of this ' well we're both on MFP so that means we're besties crap, though. I like friendships that develop organically.

and i eat alot. so if you have food triggers, dont come with me after a run to fuel up or anything cause im probably getting a burger. and fries. with cheese.
  • megareen325
    megareen325 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Megan. Im 30, single, and originally from the far-off state of Montana, but I moved to NYC about three years ago for a teaching fellowship. I am a dual language teacher in an Brookyln elementary school, and I love it here. When I originally moved to the city, I was teaching full time, as well as working on a graduate fellowship degree- so I was either working/on the train/in class from sun up to sundown every day, all week. Basically, I didn't sleep or exercise for 2 years! Big surprise, I gained about 20 lbs. However, I just graduated this May, and now its SUMMER. Which means no more hours and hours and HOURS of commuting, homework, cheap deli sandwiches, and late night lesson planning.

My goal is to take this year to really focus on myself. I recently got out of a relationship, and I have decided this year I am going to take the time to really focus on ME, no boys allowed. My goal is to lose 50 lbs by next July/August. Among other things, I just bought a mandolin and am planning on taking lessons. School got out this past Thursday, so I just began my journey today-just logged my first day. I could use all the support I can get!!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Nysc member. Interested. Let us know.
    Hi guys!

Any interest in a monthly meeting somewhere to compare weight loss/fitness goal progress, etc.? So that there's more of a real life network & accountability? We could meet in a neutral, public (yay safety!) location every 2-4 weeks & keep each other in check.

Also with NYSC.

Thoughts?
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    In!