Pewter Power!

Options
Pewter? Is pewter a colour? *digging around in my craft supplies for the box of Crayolas*

HELLO Pewter Team! :bigsmile:

I'm Novus and I'm your team leader. So excited about this challenge and hope everyone's is ready to rock it and show the other teams how it's done.

Please feel free to post a bit about your selves and your plans & goals for this challenge!

(I'll be sending out friend requests later today or tomorrow.)

Replies

• charlesredmore
    charlesredmore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL, Didn't know it was a color either. But I'm glad to be a part of the team. I've been working on losing weight and getting in shape since last November. I've lost about 70 lbs since then (almost 80 since my heaviest). I've been jogging, lifting weights, yoga, and watching what I eat. I plan on adding riding my bike to and from work starting this week. Hope to be a great member of the team!
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pewter team YAY!!...I am so excited to find this challenge and look forward to it. My schedule is all over the place and I am loooking to get healthy. I've been trying to lose 10-20lbs for a while now and always seem to start strong then fizzle out. I hope to stay in touch even though it can be hard to log into MFP groups.. With that said let's go pewter!!
  • jsherletha
    jsherletha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I must be honest. I completely forgot about the challenge. Until I started getting friend request today. Im like wow I must be popular. Lol Anyway, I'm excited to be apart of this team. I like Pewter & its the color of my shoes for my sister's wedding which is in August. My goal is to fit into the bridesmaid dress I purchased 2 sizes small. So I'm on a mission. Weight loss has been very slow for me right now & im trying not to get discouraged about the dress either. So any tips you have for me are welcomed. I've been on this journey for a while but started taking my health seriouly about a year ago. Down about 57 lbs but I have a ways to go. Good luck everyone. We can do this.
  • Novus175
    Novus175 Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi Team Members!

Just wanted to remind everyone that the challenge officially starts on Saturday! Make sure you enter your starting weight and goal weight on the spreadsheet by Friday. If you entered a starting weight when you joined the challenge, you may want to edit it if your current weight is different. And remember the challenge is only 5 weeks long so keep that in mind when setting your goal weight. Is it reasonable to expect to lose 2 pounds a week or is 1 pound a week more in line with your usual loss pattern?

Also, is the Team interested in doing mini challenges each week? I'm thinking of really simple things, like "Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day" or "Log your food every day."
  • jsherletha
    jsherletha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sure. Im doing a few with my fitness group at work.
  • bits4226
    Options
    Thanks. I like the mini challenge idea. let me know
  • Cutefrog
    Cutefrog Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jessica. Very long story short, used to be a cocaine addict about 15 years ago, got pregnant, quit coke, started eating, haven't stopped. lol. I have been sober almost 16 years.. (go me!) but I had 3 kids and gained almost 100 lbs in the last 15 years. I am 240 as of today and look to be around 150-160. (Less would be great as I am only 5'0 tall) but 150 is good. I have lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks and I ride my bike to work instead of driving. It's 6 miles each way. I live on the east side of Vegas, am new in town and don't have any friends. I also agree with the mini challenge idea. Good luck everyone!
  • Novus175
    Options
    And......the challenge officially starts TODAY! :happy: Hope everyone got their starting/goal weights logged on the spreadsheet yesterday!

What are you planning to do to kick-off the challenge with a BANG? Let's get super excited about this!

This week's mini challenge is all about fruits and veggies. You can use this calculator - http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/fruitsvegetables/howmany.html - to determine the appropriate servings for your age, gender, and activity level. Then, attempt to eat the recommended number of servings per day....and remember that variety is important to get the broadest nutritional profile. (Of course, if you're doing a diet plan like Atkins where fruits & veggies are restricted, you can modify as needed.)

Are you a lover or hater of fruits and veggies? How easy/difficult do you think this mini challenge will be? What's your favorite veggie? What's your favorite fruit?
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Novus, I logged in my weight. Pretty presumptuous to assume I'd be accepted I know but the invitation did say all were invited to join. On the spreadsheet it said to enter your current or starting weight an your goal weight. Is that the goal weight for week 1 or for the entire challenge?
  • bits4226
    Options
    Starting my day with a oatmeal breakfast and a APPLE!!!! Go fruit serving for today. I was thinking, would anyone be interested and creating a group chat or something like that where its easier for us to communicate. I don't always have time to post on this page and need to sit at a computer to do it, I would post and be so much more active on the page if theres a way to do it on m phone....maybe google chat or groups? thoughts?

What fruit are you having for breakfast?!!! Happy Monday
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jessica. Very long story short, used to be a cocaine addict about 15 years ago, got pregnant, quit coke, started eating, haven't stopped. lol. I have been sober almost 16 years.. (go me!) but I had 3 kids and gained almost 100 lbs in the last 15 years. I am 240 as of today and look to be around 150-160. (Less would be great as I am only 5'0 tall) but 150 is good. I have lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks and I ride my bike to work instead of driving. It's 6 miles each way. I live on the east side of Vegas, am new in town and don't have any friends. I also agree with the mini challenge idea. Good luck everyone!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Addiction is a very hard thing to overcome and it takes a seriously strong person to rebuild a healthy lifestyle after such an ordeal. Sounds like you have a good grasp on things now... glad to have you on our team!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    And......the challenge officially starts TODAY! :happy: Hope everyone got their starting/goal weights logged on the spreadsheet yesterday!

What are you planning to do to kick-off the challenge with a BANG? Let's get super excited about this!

This week's mini challenge is all about fruits and veggies. You can use this calculator - http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/fruitsvegetables/howmany.html - to determine the appropriate servings for your age, gender, and activity level. Then, attempt to eat the recommended number of servings per day....and remember that variety is important to get the broadest nutritional profile. (Of course, if you're doing a diet plan like Atkins where fruits & veggies are restricted, you can modify as needed.)

Are you a lover or hater of fruits and veggies? How easy/difficult do you think this mini challenge will be? What's your favorite veggie? What's your favorite fruit?
    I love veggies... not so big on fruits though for some reason. I think my favorite is probably brussel sprouts. There is an Asian blend of frozen veggies that I really love too. It has snap peas, baby corn, and water chestnuts... I can eat the whole bag by myself no problem:bigsmile: I'm always looking for new recipes to get my kids eating more veggies though, does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Sorry I'm off to a late start. I left town on Thursday to spend the weekend at the beach! I usually don't do too many challenges during the summer cause I'm always doing things like that. I have 4 kids plus a boxer that my husband and I like to keep as active as possible. We take off on random adventures all the time. Not even a month into summer and we have already been camping 4 times each time somewhere different.

I've been on MFP for 4 years now I think... maybe 5, idk. I've been fluctuating the same 10lbs for a long time now and would really like to take off 20-30lbs. Sounds like we have a good team here. That will definetly help to keep us all motivated. Good luck everyone:flowerforyou:
  • Novus175
    Options
    Hi Novus, I logged in my weight. Pretty presumptuous to assume I'd be accepted I know but the invitation did say all were invited to join. On the spreadsheet it said to enter your current or starting weight an your goal weight. Is that the goal weight for week 1 or for the entire challenge?

Your goal weight is what you hope to lose over the course of the next five weeks, the duration of the challenge. Good luck!
  • Novus175
    Options
    Starting my day with a oatmeal breakfast and a APPLE!!!! Go fruit serving for today. I was thinking, would anyone be interested and creating a group chat or something like that where its easier for us to communicate. I don't always have time to post on this page and need to sit at a computer to do it, I would post and be so much more active on the page if theres a way to do it on m phone....maybe google chat or groups? thoughts?

I have a dumb phone so I only log in via my laptop. If other group members are interested in this idea, go ahead and set it up!
  • Novus175
    Options
    I love veggies... not so big on fruits though for some reason. I think my favorite is probably brussel sprouts. There is an Asian blend of frozen veggies that I really love too. It has snap peas, baby corn, and water chestnuts... I can eat the whole bag by myself no problem:bigsmile: I'm always looking for new recipes to get my kids eating more veggies though, does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm totally the opposite.....I could eat fruit all day long but I have to remind myself to eat my veggies. I do like veggies though (especially broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, and beets).

About your kids and veggies, you can sneak a lot of veggies in recipes like meatloaf and pasta dishes. Or maybe try use spaghetti squash or z'oodles (spiralized zucchini) in place of pasta. Or maybe try mixing a veggie they like with one they don't like as well, like roasted carrots and beets. (Don't all kids love carrots and hate beets?)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I've been away from Mfp for the last few weeks but i just started 3 challenges this week so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I got a new swim suit yesterday! Just a little more motivation to lose some weight and get tone. Hope everyone is doing good!
  • Novus175
    Options
    Don't forget to log your weekly weigh-in on the spreadsheet by midnight (EST) tonight! If you miss two weigh-ins you are out of the challenge so logging is important!

How'd everyone do with their fruits and veggies this week? I do pretty well including them in my meals but once I started trying to hit my specific goals I realized that I wasn't really eating as much of them as I thought! Anyone else experience this?

Hope everyone has had a great week and has a great loss to post!

PEWTER POWER. Yay.
  • charlesredmore
    charlesredmore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My problem is finding a way to fit them in the budget. Fresh produce is so expensive, its tough to work it in. I didn't do great this week on either of my goals. I gained weight over the 4th of july weekend, but then lost it againg through the week. This is typical for me, but atleast I broke even.
  • Cutefrog
    Cutefrog Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words!