Womanly Help please

candy69apple79
candy69apple79 Posts: 36 Member
Womanly topic below.

So 2 years ago my little friend disappeared and I didnt mind at all. Well the last few days I wasnt feeling top notch thought I had wore myself out so took a couple days off and did absolutely nothing.
Well yesterday I jad these amazing Cramps but to low too be my new pouch but still thought maybe it was my food not agreeing with me. We headed out to walk anyways and omg my hips and pelvis were really sore I thought hmm teach me to power walk over 12 blocks the otherday.

Well we get to the first rest stop and I go in to potty cause I thought forsure I may explode. I got a tiny tinkle so I get up to wipe and omg my visitor is back so all those aches and pains and exhaustion was explained.

But omg im only 1 month out of surgery the cramps are unreal everything hurts and my visitor has rampped up into full gear. So now to figure out what I can do or yake to combat the bloating and pains oh dear lord it may kill me sigh.....

On the bright side I seem to be still losing weight even though Im as bloated as a beached whale sigh...not alot but the scale is moving down.

Do any of my Bariatric friends have any relife options I can use. Thank you.

Replies

• stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Check with your doc. I know I'm not allowed aleve or advil which used to be my go to drugs for cramps. I found liquid acetaminophen helps, but you have to look for it in generic as Tylenol doesn't have adult versions. CVS and Walgreens both have liquid.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Congrats. You are losing with VSG. I am guessing that before you weren't ovulating, and now you are because you are healthier and have lost weight. It is a common thing. You lose weight, get healthier, and your body starts to work again. :)
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Try a heating pad, like Kate said on the upside this means things are working right again!!:drinker:
  • candy69apple79
    I guess it is a good thing but omg the pain and the heaviness is crazy. Thank you RNY Gastrict Bypass lol. Ive tried some tylenol so far little to no relife im going to call my nurse I think. Sigh
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    I hope that calling the nurse worked!
  • candy69apple79
    They said the first couple can be very painful but as long as im not dizzy or feeling like im gonna pass out I should be fine. Today im feeling much better thank the lord lol.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    my first was the day after surgery, the morphine took care of things

the next few were still irregular and so painful i had to take codeine. its now settling into a pattern thankfully and the pains only last half a day
  • Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Okay so now I'm a bit jealous. Mine have been regular....like set your calendar by them regular since the day they started when I was 13 years old. The ONLY disruptions EVER were when I was pregnant. But 8 weeks after delivery even though I was exclusively breastfeeding it my period was back and regular again. And I was 38 and 40 when I had my kids. Nursing, weight gain, weight loss, nothing disrupts them for me. For the love of all that's holy, I'm almost 47, when will it stop?!?!!?!?!?! I never thought I'd be looking forward to menopause but I so am. But, no signs of it so far.
  • Gingersfit
    Gingersfit Posts: 31
    I hear you Dannadl -- 3 kids, tubes tied, 48 years old... enough already! I don't need to have periods any more for any reason so let's just cut it out already.

However, we should be thankful because after menopause you have more issues with bone density and such, so the longer we go without it, the better our bones should be when we're older.
  • freespiritcavin
    freespiritcavin Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 3 weeks out from VSG and just got mine on Monday! I've been very irregular so I had no idea it was time. I've been a heavy bleeder with cramps four about 4 years now, it sucks. I found Midol Complete at Walmart, it has Acetaminophen (Tylenol), I asked my doctor if that was okay and they said it was fine. I hope you find something that helps, I find the first two days are always the worst!