Individual Advice Please

Options
13»

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Seeking some more advice regarding protein...I'm having trouble getting to my goal of 110g protein each day. I don't mind having a protein shake a day but I don't like having to have 2 or more a day just to reach my goal. I'm back at home as well just now so, although my parents are being nice and letting me have my own dinner, I don't always have control over what I'm eating.

I've also not been doing much (if any) weight training the last month or so - only jogging really. I was thinking of giving strength training a bit of a break until I reach my goal weight. If I were to do this, would that mean I don't need as much protein? Being carefree with food over the weekend meant my weight was up to 146.8lbs this morning but last week I was mostly 145.6/8 at my weigh-ins.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    2 day bump :)
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Bumping...with latest weigh-ins:

Monday: 146.8
    Tuesday: 147.4
    Wednesday: 146.6
    Thursday: 146
    Friday: 146.4
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Getting discharged from hospital today, I'll try to take a look this weekend.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Sorry to be a pain...got new 4kg dumbells and seeking at-home all over body exercises to do with them. In addition to my previous concern about reaching 110g protein daily.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Bump
  • tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Can I suggest something. One thing I noticed is you going out with friends. That is fine and good but in my experience, letting it go too often can cause you to stop progress. You can still eat out, but what I do is stay away from extras like bread, cheese, fried food, battered food of any kind.

Now I know you aren't low carbing, but when eating out those things have a lot of extra calories and add up quick. Not to mention sodium. Whenever I would eat my old favs (especially Mexican food) I would gain water weight that wouldn't go away for a week.

Something too is go really strict for 2 weeks or so, follow your diet all the way and exercise good, before cheating or going over. When going out too it is better to know what you are getting yourself into. Research, ask questions, and generally don't settle for estimates. I've ate stuff that I thought "that's 600 calories" to find out, no that's 1200... ask server, how is food prepared, is it cooked on grill or pan fried etc...

Best of luck...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    First of all regarding protein intake, go to the grocery store and purchase some high protein foods that you can have as snacks or eat in addition to the food your parents provide for you. Examples would be tuna, greek yogurt (plain 0% would really give you a lot of protein per calorie) just to name a couple.

If you are stuck with light DB's and bodyweight then you should look into a book called You Are Your Own Gym and start there.

Find a way to get consistent with respect to your intake and your programming so that you can put in a stretch of a couple of months continuously executing the above.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Heey, sorry about my lack of updates here - been so stressed with uni and family matters I've not really been able to execute as much discipline as I would have liked. However, my weight has dropped to 144.2lbs as of this morning. I'm in a place to execute your recommendations again (food and workouts), but I was just wondering if I should be eating the same calories and macros if my weight is down again?
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    2 day bump.

Latest weigh-ins:
    21st August - 144.8lbs
    22nd August - 143.4lbs