Surgery

Options
I have surgery in two weeks and I'm trying not to get depressed about it. I know that my weight loss journey will probably suffer a little because of it and I don't want my fitness level to decline. I'm just sad and venting lol I know that my body needs this and there will be time to walk while recovering but I'll miss my workout programs.

Replies

• StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Enjoy the recovery time and use it as a way to reflect upon where you are and where you are wanting to go.

You could always look into some low impact workout programs that you can use in the recovery time if you really get antsy.

Walking is fun and always refreshing. I also mix in some Leslie Sansone walk at home videos when the weather is icky (rain, snow, disgustingly hot). She has a great attitude and I always have fun doing the DVDs.

Best of luck with the surgery and recovery, we are all here for you :D
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I just sent you a message regarding her dvds. Is it walking in place only or does she have anything in them that would require me to engage my abs?
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    In place cycling is also a low impact way to exercise!

I agree with Stars, definitely take the time to heal and get geared up to get back on the horse once the doc says it's okay. Also, begin working on planning your daily meals via MFP. I understand that not being able to have your exercise regime be what it has been can get you down, but knowing that you can at least maintain your current weight by keeping your calories in proportion can alleviate the stress of wondering if you'll GAIN weight. And who knows, the body's weird somethings, you may lose just by streamlining your meal plan and making sure you eating healthy!

Prayers and positive thoughts your way for a speeding, and RELAXING recovery!
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    Thanks!! I'm actually a die hard meal prepper so my meals are covered. I really recommend it to everyone for staying on point food wise because everything is already there.
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    I just sent you a message regarding her dvds. Is it walking in place only or does she have anything in them that would require me to engage my abs?
    Here's a Youtube link to my favorite 1 mile video of her's so you can evaluate how much/little it engages the abs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykPr0t2KutY

Most of her videos are along that line.