Next challenge

Options
shmulyeng
shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
Before we wrap up this challenge, I would like to propose a new challenge. Since several of us are at or close to goal weight, the weight loss component becomes less relevant.

I'm thinking along the lines of a workout challenge. Workouts can be measured in calories, time worked out per week, days worked out per week, etc. We can also incorporate a good day/bad day component. This can be measured in amount of calories eaten, etc.

I would love to hear some of your thoughts on this and who is in.

Replies

• Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How about a "Goals" challenge? Each of us sets three goals per week - could be related to workouts, calorie intake, basically anything behavioral; and then reports back on how we do over the course of the week. My goals would probably be:

1) Burn 2500 calories on the elliptical machine
    2) Lift heavy 3 days
    3) Keep calorie intake in a certain range (TBD)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In for challenges and Shmulyeng's awesome spreadsheets.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yep, in for another challenge!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you would initiate another one. I think a calorie burn challenge could work (it's measurable and individualized). It might be fun to calculate total calories burned in some period of time and then do a burn down of those, i.e. 100,000 calories burned by Halloween or something like that. It would involve math and sweat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you would initiate another one. I think a calorie burn challenge could work (it's measurable and individualized). It might be fun to calculate total calories burned in some period of time and then do a burn down of those, i.e. 100,000 calories burned by Halloween or something like that. It would involve math and sweat.

Some of us lift and that wouldn't be fair :P
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I was hoping there would be another challenge. Calories burned sound good.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Some of us lift and that wouldn't be fair :P

Perhaps it could be calories burned OR net pounds or kilos lifted.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I would love to hear some of your thoughts on this and who is in.

Shmu,
    I'm in for something like calories burned by a certain date. I appreciate anything you set up, and your awesome spreadsheets!
    Carolyn
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm out of town for the long weekend. I'll work on something over next week along the lines of what was mentioned here. I hope to have it done by the end of next week.

Until then, enjoy the 4th (whether it's a holiday in your country or just another friday) and keep the BBQ in check!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I need the weight lost, calories burned, calories consumed, etc. etc.!!!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! :flowerforyou:
    I was so hoping you would do another challenge!!

I am in for whatever is decided. I need it all and I certainly need the accountability.

I must, must learn not to try to eat b/c of stress. It is something I learned to do while growing up in my family - but I am 68 yo. That is not an excuse!!

I know I need the discipline in this area - any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Everyone have a great week-end!!

Again, thanks so much for the challenges!
  • ame43
    ame43 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you Shmu and Mule for setting up the challenge and the spreadsheet!!:smile: The calories burned would be fine with me!!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Count me in for the next challenge! :drinker:
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am in for another challenge. I fell off the bandwagon a bit due to an injury and becoming annoyed with the scale, but something that is burn oriented (rather than scale dependant since I seem to be doing more converting than losing) would be awesome!
  • mommahix
    mommahix Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    in I need all the help i can get to keep the last few pounds off and maintain!!!
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am in too
    Please include weight loss for those of us still needing some more pounds to go away and maybe a maintaining weight challenge for those who are there already or get there.
    Love the calories burned challenges or even minutes of exercise.
    Please invite me whatever you do.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm in also. I still have a lot of weight to get rid of and luv your spreadsheets.
  • Eatsomethinggreen
    Eatsomethinggreen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I want to participate
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    can i join the next one please???
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am in. Please!!