I found a nice app for other nerds like me

Options

Replies

• Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    No problem, another tip is sometimes you have to log out, then log back in again for it to update your progress.. On both iPhone and android.
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks, neat app!! I'm in too.

www.fitbit.com/user/2623NC or just use chench53

Gerry
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have installed this app on my Iphone 5S and I cannot do much with it? It is connected to fitbit but yet it will not download any information to the game?
    According to the Help files, "We only start using the data you have from the day you signed up with FitRPG. We don't want people to come in with too much of an advantage."

Edited to add that I'm editorgrrl there, too. Please add me, everyone!
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well, this was so easy to add you all as friends right from the app, now to use it!

Gerry
    chench53 here &on FitBit
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    The iOS version received an update this morning to supposedly squash the bugs with it. I updated can't test it out with quests until I get some shorter ones back, or motivation to do a 5000 step quest in 2 hours lol..
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great the new update worked on my iphone :) It is now working :)
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like this game, but I'm not really understanding how it works. Can I only carry one weapon at a time, or am I supposed to look for some secret combination?

And Jdoster06, how did you beat me? I could have sworn I was loaded up enough to win any battle. And how come you didn't get all my gold? I don't want to say how much I have (Fort Knox would be jealous), but you only got a couple hundred of it when you beat me. I thought the game would award all of it to you if you won.
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    What are you using. There are some weapons that are one handed, so you can have 2 equipped at once of them. That may be how I pulled it out. Also new weapons and items become available as you level up

And I have no idea how the gold works, I'm glad it doesn't take all of it.. That would be discouraging to play if you lost everything for a loss
  • jim180155
    Options
    I tried a longbow and a crossbow. I couldn't add to either one of those. I bought a buckler, not really knowing what a buckler is but thinking it might help me carry additional weapons, but it didn't work. I couldn't even add the buckler, much less other weapons.

I had been spending most of my gold before going into battle, but at this stage I've already bought everything I wanted. So I had piles of it sitting around when you invited me to fight. And I was apparently a little overconfident, so I agreed to fight without worrying about hiding or spending the gold first.

BTW, earlier I had invited you to battle and then canceled my request. Did you see that, or does the whole thing disappear once the request has been canceled?
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    No I didn't see it. Yeah I think the bows are two handed weapons, so you can only have 1 equipped at a time. I have two maces equipped right now, since they do similar damage to the halberd, but you don't lose any of the other stuff. Also you can have boots and gloves equipped at the same time.. Hope this helps

The weapons say whether they are two handed or one handed now after the iOS update this morning
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    You got me that time!
  • jim180155
    Options
    I missed it. My Battle screen was still showing pending. But I do have more gold now. I must have hit the battle request twice. Assuming you're not ready to jump right back into battle, I canceled the open request.

BTW, I just had a goofy quest thing. I signed up for 20k steps today. As soon as I cleared 20k, I added a new quest to do 25k in a day. I assumed I'd have to start over and that I'd get 24 hours. But instead the game credited 20k steps to the first quest and 20k steps to the second quest, but only gave me 7 hours to complete the second one. (Is this making sense?) So I have 7 hours to do 5k more steps and then I'll get credit for 25k. It'll be easy gold, but I wouldn't want to do it this way again.
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    Yeah those quests go by calendar day in most cases, so say you signed up for the 20k at the beginning of the day. Once you finish it, say at 2 pm you could theoretically do the 10 k, 5k , and 15 k right after since you already had your 20 k steps in. If you chose to do a 25 k then you need 5 k more before the end of the day. The hourly ones are the ones that are timed. Does that make sense?
  • jim180155
    Options
    Yes, that makes sense. Geez, I'm going to be finishing a lot of quests all at the same time once my quests reset and become available for a repeat.

I downloaded the new update. There's a random battle option where the game assigns you to someone. My request hasn't been responded to yet, but some stranger just asked me to fight, I'm assuming from the same random option.
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    Yeah I tried the random also. Don't think anything happened. I did a lot of quests at once last time too..
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the app recommendation...I'll check it out!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome! Tagging so I can download it later.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded and sent some friend requests. Please add me: midwesterner85 (same as here).
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've downloaded it too. Haven't quite figured out what to do, despite being fairly IT-savvy.

Feel free to add me - username Jodath