PLEASE READ BEFORE WE START

Options
ATyghter
ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
Welcome to our PiYo Fusion Group.

My name is Aly Tyghter and I am going to be the group's facilitator. As noted in the description, I am a Culinary Nutritionist, Phys-Ed Teacher, Zumba Instructor and new(ish) mommy. My husband, Nigel, is a personal trainer who played professional basketball overseas.

I wanted to give everyone a chance to get their hands on a copy of the PiYo program and get a handle on a few other key aspects of their health and wellness journey before we get into the nitty gritty of this program.

Each week leading up the official start of our program (August 4), I will be posting challenges designed to help you along your journey. I believe in a holistic approach to fitness and nutrition and am looking to help as many people as possible.

If at any time you have questions, please feel free to email me at AlyTyghter@gmail.com. It's the quickest way to get a hold of me. If you want a visual view of what I'm eating, you can follow me on Instagram: @Nutritionista_Aly.

Now that we've got all of the intro stuff out of the way, let's talk about some ground rules:

1) This is a positive space (Please be open to the opinions and ideas of others. We are all at different points in our journey and we all come with a different set of experiences. No negative comments PLEASE.)

2) You don't HAVE to buy anything from me. Yes, I am a Beachbody Coach and I believe in the products but I am a Culinary Nutritionist and Teacher FIRST. If you need a free online coach, I'd love to be that for you (http://www.beachbodycoach.com/alytyghter). If you need products, it's always great for my business if you purchase them through me BUT everyone is welcome here. If you have another coach, if you are a coach... it doesn't matter... Please join and let's support each other!

3) Check in often! Consistency is the key to success. It's not how hard you do anything, it's how long you stick with it. Longevity produces results and even if you don't see them right away try and trust the process.

WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!

Thanks for joining,

Aly

Replies

• pegjmoore
    pegjmoore Posts: 4
    Options
    I am very excited. I am working Nights and I live in Germany, so I have no group classes at a good time for me. I run and lift weights, but would love a little more direction. Thanks. this should be fun.
  • ATyghter
    Options
    Hello pegjmoore!

I'm so glad you're excited! The emails have started coming in and you guys are making me even more excited than I was when I started this group.

How long have you been running? I just picked up running again myself... I've only done a couple of 5k runs in the past so I don't consider myself a runner by any means.

I love group exercise classes but I can never seem to make it to the gym on time for them. The schedules never line up for me.

I'm going to post our first challenge this Monday so stay tuned!

:)
  • babsmckenna
    babsmckenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    (Hello ladies!

A friend of mine is a coach. I contacted her for the fifth time to lose weight. This time, I actually purchased the shakeology and have started to use the product. I purchased it with the Piyo workout system.

I am SO excited to see this group. I started the shakes about 8 days or so ago. I am beginning to feel a bit more energy. I have also started the piyo dvd. I've only done 3 workouts and cannot even complete one. I am 327 lbs right now and 53 years old. But I REFUSE to allow that to stop me!

To supplment because I don't feel like I'm getting a good workout, I go to the gym and use the cross ramp machine (easy on my knees). The treadmill is hard on my knees and ankles. The eliptical causes my heart rate to go up because of the constant arm movement (although I try to keep hold of the handles in the center to keep from overworking my heart) but I just find it too difficult right now.

Anyway, my friend is a huge encouragement, but when I saw this on line group I thought WOW! My friend is also on MFP so I'm going to tell her about the group as well.
    I have started adding my food and exercise here. But I wish there was a way to know how many calories I'm using while doing Piyo ! Well, I'll check this page often. I'm pretty new to MFP also. Haven't figured out how to maneuver throughout the pages, etc yet but I'll keep at it. I'm actually thinking I can lose weight this time. I CAN accomplish this. I've raised kids, I drive, I work, I CAN lose weight. I've done it before, I can do it again...but I want it to be LASTING, PERMANENT...I don't EVER want to be this heavy and unhealthy ever again!!!

Thanks so much for starting this group Aly!

Blessings
  • ATyghter
    Options
    Hi babsmckenna,

I'm so glad you found this group. I hope it will start to get a little more lively in the coming weeks as we progress through these challenges to get to our official PiYo start date.

Your energy is so positive, that is absolutely fantastic! Just keep plugging away at the workouts slowly and modify modify modify! You can so do this and 4 weeks from now you will be able to complete the workouts all the way through.

I'm so glad you have a good coach who is also your friend. A good coach can make all the difference during your weight loss journey. Are you using Shakeology as a meal replacement or as more of a snack between meals?

I will continue to say this but just remember that it is all about consistency not intensity. You longer you work at eating better and getting some activity into your day the longer lasting your results will be and the more manageable the process is. Don't stop and you will surely see results.

Keep at it and please feel free to add your friend!

Cheers,

Aly
  • babsmckenna
    Options
    Hi Aly,

Thanks for your positive comments. Yes, my coach is AWESOME! She is so encouraging.

I now KNOW that I can lose this weight and keep it off. I will not have a "beach body" as in bikini, but I will be healthier!!

I am having a problem though with pain. After working out (only 5 min of SWEAT - Piyo) the next day I hurt. But I went to the gym anyway. By the next day I was hurting SO bad I didn't work out yesterday or today.

I know I have to pace myself but I feel like I'm doing nothing when I do FIVE minutes of piyo!

Anyway, I'll learn. Yes, I drink shakeology shakes as a meal replacement - usually breakfast. I LOVE them.

The other issue I'm having is drinking coffee. I HAVE to have cream and sugar in it. I've cut back a lot. I try to get medium instead of large, I've actually gone a few days (about 4) without it since I've started shakeology (June 30).

Overall, I think I'm making progress. I can honestly see my face a bit thinner already! I'M PSYCHED!!!!! This IS going to happen!

Well, I'm tired. Going to bed. I WILL work out tomorrow. My body had two rest days. This time I'll go a little easier.

Excited to have this group as additional support! And, yes, I told my friend about the group and she was excited for me!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get my DVDs should be here any time. I also just started with Chalean Extreme which I LOVE. Can I do PiYo good even if I am 70 pounds overweight? Are there mofidiers with this program or will I need to do my own?
  • babsmckenna
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the group. I am actually about 150 lbs overweight. I am doing Piyo. It is VERY challenging, but there is no jumping or crazy stuff. It is difficult and yes, there is a modified version done by one of the women in the video. Good luck. I'm not consistent with this yet, but everything takes time! Looking forward to what we will accomplish as a "team"!!!