Pick A Perk!

Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
This is not a finalized list. I will let you know if changes, additions/subtractions are made.

LEVEL 2 - 4:
---
Swift Learner: Requires 6 INT. You add an additional 10% to total XP earned for the week.

Master Trader: Requires 6 CHR. 20% discount at the item shop. (Stacks with Wolfgang's Wild Savings Card)

Fortune Finder: Requires 5 LCK. Chance to double gold/silver gains from quests.

Confirmed Bachelor (male) / Switchblade Romance (female): Requires 6 CHR. In combat, you will do increased damage to members of the same sex. Outside of combat, you will sometimes have unique dialogue options with member of the same sex.

Womanizer (male) / Black Widow (female): Requires 6 CHR. In combat, you will do increased damage to members of the opposite sex. Outside of combat, you will sometimes have unique dialogue options with member of the opposite sex.

LEVEL 5 - 7:
---
Action Boy / Action Girl: You gain an additional 15 AP.

Toughness: Requires 5 END. +5 DT permanently added.

Heavy Handed: Requires 7 STR. Increased DMG with two-handed weapons.

Double Trouble: You can now dual wield certain weapons with a 50% DMG penalty on your offhand weapon.

It's a Secret to Everybody: Requires 7 INT. Every week, you somehow manage to add half a pound to your weight loss. How do you do it? It's A Secret to Everybody...

LEVEL 8 -10
---
Grim Reaper Sprint: Killing an opponent with a critical hit restores 50% of HP and AP

Better Criticals: Requires 5 LCK, 6 AGI. Criticals now do 50% more damage.

Sticky Fingers: Requires 6 AGI. You can now attempt to pickpocket NPCs and quest givers.

Simply Irresistible: Requires 7 CHR. You can now convince two people above you at the weigh in to share 25% of their gold amd experience points earnings with you.

NEW! Double Trouble 2: Atomic Bugaloo: When dual wielding the same type of weapons, the offhand damage penalty is negated.

LEVEL 12-14
---
Trigger Happy: Requires 6 PER, 5 AGI. Weapons that have a chance to hit multiple times will now do so more frequently.

Energy to Spare: Requires 5 END. Any remaining HP left after a boss battle is now converted to silver and XP.

NEW! Step Lightly: Requires 6 AGI. You are now immune to blasts from your own Mines and are less likely to set off traps while exploring dungeons.

NEW! Picky Ricardo: Requires 6 CHR, 5 LCK. You won't settle for second best. From now on, the lowest tier of items from a boss' loot table are automatically removed.

NEW! Fever Spike: damage over time effects such as Burn, Poison, Bleed, and Shock can now crit.

LEVEL 15-19 New Tier
--
ChemsCrafter: Requires 5 INT. Every week you can craft a Jet, Stimpak, Psycho, or Med-X at the Hero's Enclave. For every point of INT you have above 6, you may craft an additional vial. With 7 or more INT you can also craft Rocket and Slasher.

Pray and Spray: Weapons that have a chance to hit multiple enemies will now do so more frequently.

Double Trouble 3: Third Strike: Requires Double Trouble 2. When dual wielding two weapons of the same type, there is a chance their powers will combine and add a devastating third attack.

Mysterious Stranger (Combat Version): Requires 5 LCK. Whenever an enemy is below 25% HP, there is a chance a Mysterious Stranger will step out of the shadows and finish them off for you. Having a higher luck stat will increase this likelihood.

Level 20+ New Tier
---
Nerd Rage / Desperation / Last Stand: Requires 7 INT / PER / STR (respectively). Whenever you are below 25% HP, your damage with energy weapons / firearms / melee weapons is tripled and your DT is increased by 50% You may choose this perk more than once.

Walking On Sunshine: For every mile you walk, you'll earn rewards depending on your Karma. 50s for Bad Karma, 75s + 1 First Aid Kit for Neutral Karma, 1 Gold + 1 First Aid Kit and 3 Plasma Grenades for Good Karma.

Double Trouble (2281 Reboot) Requires Double Trouble 3. You may now freely dual wield any two weapons without any DMG penalty as well as receive the benefits from Double Trouble 3.

Replies

• JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll get Fortune Finder since my Special stats are all wonky plus I'm poor.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I will take Toughness and Master Trader.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Those are good perks, B. However, it is strongly recommended you take Double Trouble as soon as possible since it will speed up your exercises and advanced battles by a considerable amount. You can always go back and pick up those other perks when you level up later.

Swift Learner is another good one especially if you have a [Togepi].

Finally, Confirmed Bachelor and Black Widow can be a game changer in certain quests. Womanizer and Switchblade Romance too but to a lesser extent since there will probably be less female NPCs.

Just some pointers for everyone :P
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    Actually, I debated on those two, but decided to go a different route. They more than likely will be the next ones I go after though. I figured right now it would be better to go with what I did because of the help with damage and the ability to get a better weapon quicker. I really need to start letting other people go first, so I can get the pointers beforehand, LOL.
  • addicted2cola
    addicted2cola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'll take Swift Learner, please! :)
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i'll take master trader, please!
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Action Boy , thanks
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Alrighty I got yall. Raymond, you can still pick one more perk, buddy.
  • JunonSailorStyle
    Options
    Humbly request the almighty Overseer lower the requirement for Confirmed Bachelor to level 2.

You owe me a favor anyway.
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Alrighty I got yall. Raymond, you can still pick one more perk, buddy.

Fortune Finder: Requires 5 LCK. Chance to double gold/silver gains from quests.
    that will be all my good sir
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Swift Learner, here :)
  • daybehavior
    Options
    OK, I got yall down.

Peter, as a one time courtesy for you. I shall lower the requirement for CB...so you can get your boy-on-boy flirt on. And let me know what your new SPECIAL stats are because it still requires 6 CHR.

My three ladies are free to change their choices as well in accordance to the new level requirements.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Swift Learner please! =]
  • JunonSailorStyle
    Options
    Rerollin Tone

S-4
    P-7
    E-4
    C-6
    I-7
    A-1
    L-5
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    fortune finder please =)
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Good deal. If you leveled up this week, You may pick another perk. (check the weigh in results thread)

Everyone here except Raymond should be eligible to pick another perk.
  • JunonSailorStyle
    Options
    Double Trouble. Though I think I need another pistol or something since I only have a pipe as an alternate.
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Can I have toughness too please :)
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Black Widow!
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    I will take Double Trouble and Trigger Happy.