New Circle Of Friends

Options
I recently started running to get in shape. I have lost about 15 pounds and think I'm close to my ideal weight. None of my friends run or exercise much so I'm basically looking to make a new circle of friends. I'm in Palmerton, Pennsylvania. I'm married with 5 kids. If you would like to join my circle of friends to chat about whatever, please send me and add. I would love to have more friends on runkeeper to compete with. Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Replies

• ukbeccie
    ukbeccie Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I've been running since January - I'm planning to do a half marathon in October. I still only go quite slowly, although I can do about 7k in an hour. I'm not sure that I'm ready to compete - unless it's on the distance. I understand that I should be aiming to do 15-20k each week (I try to run x3 weekly)
    My question is how do you decide on an ideal weight?
  • SadySky
    SadySky Posts: 2
    Options
    I can't add you, since your profile isn't active.
  • georgiansus
    georgiansus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Started logging my runs seriously from Mar 2013. could run max 2 min then, now have recentlt completed 10kkm nonstop. next target is faster 5km and 10km. all the best
  • JohnRobertRowland
    Options
    sure if you would like to be friends add me
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm back.. I left for a few days to give Endomondo a go. It's a nice app and seems to have even more exercise options than Runkeeper; however, it was NOT playing nice with my phone (freezing, crashing, taking forever to figure out where it was if I paused my phone). I used it alongside Runkeeper, and Runkeeper just worked better.

So I'm back. Looking for some fitness buddies on Runkeeper. My goals are to lose weight, but the running / hiking thing is more for purposes of increasing my fitness level. At age 40, I'm not getting any younger.

My Runkeeper name is CidaliaMP
  • dmg8500
    dmg8500 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello been using runkeeper for about 2 months now. Looking for new friends. My username is dmg8500