Frequency for a newbie?

Options
annalisbeth74
annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
I recently picked my KBs back up after not touching them for several years.What would you all recommend in terms of workout frequency? Should I shoot for every other day, or will I be better off with a daily workout?

(add'l info- I'm also recovering from achilles tendonitis and I haven't exercised in almost a year.)

Thanks!

Replies

• KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Correct frequency varies with the individual, as does most anything else. My advice, for what it's worth, is to not be in a hurry. Don't dive straight in to the deep end, take time to get used to the water. Rushing back in will only get you hurt and thats not going to be any good for the long run.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Rather depends on what you plan on doing - would I suggest you do the same routine every day - absolutely not - work out every day - no - coming back from a 1 year break maybe take 2 days off per week - and work out 5 days - once you get back into it your can work out 6 days a week

Do a mix of light weight drills / high reps for a more endurance cardio and heavy weight low reps / longer rests for strength days
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the input.

I started out yesterday with a light weight workout and it definitely kicked my butt, so it may be a while before I can work up to a heavier weight for strength training. I'll probably be using the same light weight for both for a while.

I'll definitely take your advice, though, and try to mix it up a little. Maybe faster cardio exercises one day like swings and snatches, then slower ones the next day like TGUs and windmills.

One thing's for sure though- I have definitely missed using them. I can't believe I left them alone for so long!