6 months left of 2014

Options
hill1angel
hill1angel Posts: 37 Member
6 months left of 2014 and I need my MFP Team to get me to my goal that I made in January 2014!

What is that?

I want the following
To weigh 140lbs
To have a BMI under 28
I want to have that little "V" where my triceps should be
I want to have that line that defines the quadriceps in my thighs
It would be nice if my thighs were tight and do not do that jiggle thing!
I want a flat stomach

I want to be able to cook terrific meals--- I just purchased a new pot and pan set last month

I want to use my Vitamix to make the ultimate lifestyle great smoothies to run home for after a nice work out

I want to buy a great bike that will motivate me to register for a triathalon

I want to take my beginning swim class and be able to swim 25 laps by the end of the year doing the front crawl, breast stroke and back thingy...I dont know what that is called yet.. I barely can go two strokes in the water without stopping and I am not in the deep end yet. NO I can not tread water yet either.

I want to be able to fit in my closet full of clothes that I keep looking at..

Most of all I want to be healthy!

Will you join me in the last 6 months of 2014?

Replies

• tianadilrew
    Options
    my goal....

i want to be healthy, no more intense puffing from doing very little,
    i want to stop being so lazy!
    i want to stop using excuses!
    i want to loose some of this fat gut!!!
    i want my self esteem back!

i would love to loose 33 pounds by the end of the year!
    and im pumped!!!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I want to get my pain from arthritis under control.

I need to lose at least 50 pounds, but would be happy with 30 by the end of the year.

I would like to cook healthier meals.

I would like to set a good example for my son, who is also overweight for his age.

I want to be in the routine of exercising 2x a day like I was before the pain started.

I would like to quit smoking.

I would like to build up to 350 crunches a day like I used to do.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!

I'd like to tighten things up for at least a few coming months.

I've gone running about 3-4 times. I'd like to make it a regular thing on days I do not do my exercise classes

I want to buy one of those exercise peddlers and actually use it while watching tv

And this is a strange goal hindered by my laziness but I think I'd like to find somewhere else to live and get away from neighbors who smoke and have noisy appliances, which affects my sleep quality and over all quality of life

What are we expected to do in the group and what would you like to see in regular check ins?
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I have overcome a lot of personal battles so far but I am working on toning up and getting more defined muscles while trying to shed these last few lbs. I just want to keep waking up everyday and working on being a better me than I was the day before. I sometimes get so motivated in the beginnings of the days but by dinner I blow it up and make not so good choices. Eating at a deficit is a challenge for sure. End of year goals: lose these last few lbs while working on muscles. We can do it. :drinker:
  • hill1angel
    Options
    my goal....

i want to be healthy, no more intense puffing from doing very little,
    i want to stop being so lazy!
    i want to stop using excuses!
    i want to loose some of this fat gut!!!
    i want my self esteem back!

i would love to loose 33 pounds by the end of the year!
    and im pumped!!!

We have a similiar goal. I want to lose 30lbs and I am not sure how to do it. I have a membership at LA Fitness not sure what machines to use...Then I am thinking about getting 30 Day Shred. I am deciding this week whether Jillian Michaels or Ian Smith.

What is your method?
  • hill1angel
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!

I'd like to tighten things up for at least a few coming months.

I've gone running about 3-4 times. I'd like to make it a regular thing on days I do not do my exercise classes

I want to buy one of those exercise peddlers and actually use it while watching tv

And this is a strange goal hindered by my laziness but I think I'd like to find somewhere else to live and get away from neighbors who smoke and have noisy appliances, which affects my sleep quality and over all quality of life

What are we expected to do in the group and what would you like to see in regular check ins?

At first I just wanted folks to hold me and other accountable. Lets make it our group. I would like folks to share their check ins to reach their goal. Regular check ins great! What books are you reading to get to your goal-Great! What exercises are you doing daily-Great.
    Right now I am not sure I know we all have a goal and we need to get there....I am open to all suggestions and recommendations for our Group Goal.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite!! I would like the following:

To drop my body fat percentage
    To lose that stubborn back fat and belly pouch
    To see how far I can push my body
    To continue to increase my strength and endurance
    To run another 5K

And I would love to lose another 15-20 lbs :-)
  • hill1angel
    Options
    Thank you for the invite!! I would like the following:

To drop my body fat percentage
    To lose that stubborn back fat and belly pouch
    To see how far I can push my body
    To continue to increase my strength and endurance
    To run another 5K

And I would love to lose another 15-20 lbs :-)
    What is your plan to accomplish your goal?

I do not know mine yet and I am trying to figure it out.
  • PRlisaNY
    PRlisaNY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI, thanks for the invite!

I would like to lose 112 lbs lost 10 of those already yay

To shop in a store that has no plus sizes, haven't done that since high school

To cook healthier meals

To tone my body

To learn about weight lifting what should i start with etc,
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Ah, yes. Like a previous poster said, I do start some days innocently enough and then by the end of the day I'm doing naughty things! Any tips on finishing strong will be appreciated!

At the same time I'm feeling like I'm getting my groove back these last couples days: I've made new recipes which always excites and inspires me to keep on the right track, and also cooked some staples that I haven't been making. Nothing crazy, just turkey burrito, chicken and gnocchi soup (new), slow cooked mesquite chicken (just chicken and flavor pack from grocery store lol), beans
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I have 28 pounds to hit my goal weight. I would really like to do this by December. I recently started working with a personal trainer to build muscle and to strengthen my lower back. My goals are to lose the 28 pounds, decrease body fat %, and to do a pull up. I am blessed to have a very supportive husband and a 3 year old who loves for mommy to play, but I find myself struggling with sticking to my calorie allowance. I have had a few injuries this year that stopped me from jogging, so I committed to spin classes and weight training to reach my goal. I am excited about this group. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
    ~Becky
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Woohoo...Whatever I gained from misbehaving over the 4th is gone! The weatherman predicted thunderstorms today, but I got my butt in the pool for a 60 minute swim before any storms hit. My hip is taking it pretty well, for which I'm thankful. Now I'm looking forward to watching the scale go down. Thank goodness there aren't any more holidays for a little while, lol!
  • cassienicole7
    cassienicole7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined this group and am very excited to start my fitness journey again! I dusted off my spin bike last night and did a cycling workout (which I hadnt touched in about 2 years!)

I want to lose about 50 pounds in a healthy and permanant way.

I want to be active again. One thing the 'old' me really loved was being outdorrs, running around, hiking, anything outside. I want to discover that again!

Learn to cook healthier foods and eat out less.

I would love to tone my body as well. This is an area I would really live any tips on. Strength training stumps me completely.

I would like to accomplish most of this at home (outside the gym) to save money.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I need all the support I can get :)
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Got a call from the hospital the other day. I'm scheduled to receive 2 shots to my hip on the 18th. They are also going to schedule me for 3 shots to my lower back. I'm really hoping that this calms my arthritic flare ups, and I can begin walking again. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! I've solely been concentrating on my food intake and am really anxious to get moving again!.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Well, I'm hallway to my end of the year goal. I'm thinking I can do this!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Congrats! You're like the only one still participating in this group lol