What exercises do you do?

Options
I bike, jog (kinda, not exactly the most graceful), walk, Zumba, and maybe going to try out T25. So what do you do? How many calories do you want to burn a day? I try to do at least 500 3-4 times a week.

I'm worried though, with all this biking, I want lose fat all over, not just tone my legs. Haha. Any advice? I love biking (I have a stationary bike), but I'm just worried it's only going to help my legs.

Replies

• Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    I'm not doing much right now yet. 2 mile walks once or twice a week and zumba on Thursdays. I've got some physical issues right now that force me to take it easy but I'm getting better every week. You seem to be doing mostly cardio. Add some strength training. Additionally, I HIGHLY recommend the Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition-Boot Camp. My sister is an ACSM certified personal trainer. (Pity she lives 13 hours away) This is the DVD she gave me for Christmas and it is kinda awesome.

Link to it on Amazon if you wanna buy it:

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Makeover-Weightloss-Edition-Bootcamp/dp/B00CC53Z4Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1404693854&sr=1-3&keywords=extreme+makeover+weight+loss+edition
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For the summer, the weekly routine includes a cardio-strenght class twice a week, I run with a group 3times, and hot yoga once. I also use my bike as transportation.

I wouldn't worry about biking too much. When you lose fat, you gonna lose it all over (even if it might not always be exactly were you want!) if you want to get strong everywhere though, it's a good idea to include some strenght training. But it's not because you do cardio that focuses on certain muscles that you will lose fat there.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I currently do interval running, daily walking, and bodyweight circuits every other day. I just need to get my darn diet under control and maybe buy some more free weights. I would suggest pushups and squats to help over all. That's what I read, that they work the whole body. Hope you find what you are looking for. :)
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing the couch2K app workout, it is a running program and for the first few weeks you do intervals of walking and running!
  • llysenw
    llysenw Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm just walking at the moment, although I've been having some pain in my tricky hip, so I'm looking for alternatives on the days that I'm not feeling up to the walking. I don't own any equipment or DVDs or memberships, and I'm kind of a cheapskate, so I'm looking for stuff that I can do for free. This morning I've been looking for free at-home cardio vids for beginners online.
  • MommytoBen
    MommytoBen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I exercise 7 days a week. Monday- Friday, I am up at 4:30am to work out (new mom trying to balance exercising, home and work) and on the weekends up at 7am. I too am using the C25K app on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I do the Physique 57 DVDs and then Sundays I wind down my week with a Yoga DVD.
  • sarah_irish_2001
    sarah_irish_2001 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am another c25k user! I have a 10k coming up with work in september so I am using the c210k app but it is the exact same as the c25k for the first 8 weeks. Currently on week 4 :)
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm doing a crazy hybrid of PiYo, Body Beast and P90X3. I'm having surgery next Friday so I will be limited to walking for a while, after that I am either going to do the entire PiYo or P90X3 program (I want to be in a video or infomercial hahaha).
  • aboh44
    aboh44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you!!
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Y'all have it goin' on! I need to get more intentional with my workouts. As I mentioned in my intro post, I have some recurring back problems and am recovering from severely injuring the right side of my body. I'm still figuring out what my body can and cannot handle. Currently I'm spending a fair amount of time in the pool (1-2 hours 2-3 days/week) and that is ripping through calories! I'm in there with my nieces & nephews and I am constantly moving - playing games, letting the littles ride on my back, going around and around to make a current (holy cats does that work your legs!). I also go for a walk 1-2 times/week and am trying to get back in the habit of going to yoga at least once per week to work on flexibility.

I recently connected my TV to the Internet and now have the ability to stream online videos on the big screen. Does anyone have some workouts on YouTube that they can recommend?
  • HooahLydia
    HooahLydia Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow. All you ladies are doing great! So glad we have some ladies doing the C25k! Tomorrow is my first day, and Im a bit nervous!

I'll definitely do some pushups (although theyre probably my least favorite exercise... other than burpees. Haha.) I need to get some weights. Any recommendations on what brand or what size/weight?
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly getting into running. I'm not getting into c25k yet, but I plan to in a couple weeks. Right now I'm doing walk/run intervals for 30 minutes 3 times a week. I'm looking for some kind of strength training to do when I don't run, but I haven't found a program I like yet. Eventually I'd like to get into biking as well.