Share an NSV!

Options
Super_Pamazon
Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
I thought it might be nice to share some non-scale victories on this thread. I know we get wrapped up in that number on the scale each week, but there is a lot more to be celebrated than the sum of all our protons and neutrons!

My huge NSV for this week was getting through PMS cravings the week before my period. I logged food everyday, I stayed within my calories, I did not binge or eat any unplanned food. I didn't think it could be done, I've spent so many years writing off this week as a weight gain/maintenance week.

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    My NSV was today when I pulled out my dress pant capris that I thought I wouldnt fit into. They did and no muffin top either :wink:
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a new NSV for this week! This morning my husband told me that since I started this diet/exercise program, I'm no longer snoring! I told him that was great, and maybe that would help him sleep better (he suffers from insomnia a good bit of the time). He said not really, because now the fact that I'm not snoring is keeping him awake!
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    I got to pack last years shorts for vacation …. I figured I was going to be in dresses all week. Excited to be fitting in them :)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm fitting into clothes that were too tight for me when I returned from my visit to the states last summer so although I've still a way to go, I've got such a buzz from the fact I can wear clothes that were sitting in my wardrobe for a long time, plus I can put on/take off my jeans without unfastening the button!!
  • GKSTcoach
    GKSTcoach Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My NSV is in swimming. At the beginning of June I only made a couple days a week to the pool and could only swim 200 meters before I needed to stop for a min of rest. I am now swimming almost every day and can swim at least a mile before stopping. I have also agreed to be a part of a relay triathlon where I do the swimming, another do the biking, and a third will do the running. :bigsmile:
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    My NSV is in swimming. At the beginning of June I only made a couple days a week to the pool and could only swim 200 meters before I needed to stop for a min of rest. I am now swimming almost every day and can swim at least a mile before stopping. I have also agreed to be a part of a relay triathlon where I do the swimming, another do the biking, and a third will do the running. :bigsmile:

awesome!
  • Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    GKSTCoach - That is amazing! I love when I'm training for a triathlon and my swim hits a stride like that. Enjoy your relay tri, it'll be so fun!
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling more like myself the last week or two so today I tried on a pair of jeans I wore last May when we took my mom to MD Anderson for cancer treatment. They fit!!! I didn't use to weigh myself back then so had no idea how much weight I had actually gained. It looks like I gained about 25 pounds since I quit smoking last September. Some of the gain probably happened right before as well since I had a rough summer. Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, mother-in-law was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and my daughter had spinal fusion surgery for scoliosis. It was the summer I will never forget! Thankfully all are doing well now and this spurred me to get healthy and quit smoking!

Now to get to work losing the rest of it that had crept up on me the couple of years before that!