How much have you lost doing Atkins

Options
Mawskittykat
Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
Just curious how much everyone has lost doing Atkins. Any pointers for a beginner on this plan.

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Been on Atkins Extended Induction since August 27th, 2013 (9 months, 26 days) and my ticker indicates my progress as of today. Menu is basic using foods on the DANDAR induction list.

I focus mostly on counting carbs but i log and check my calorie intake to control my portions. Daily Staples is Eggs and Decaf coffee with HWC and Davinci Vanilla SF Syrup.

Once i am at or past goal then i will reevaluate my WOE as i move on to strength training.

Congrats on your progress so far. Awesome!
  • NattieRose80
    NattieRose80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started Atkins program June 5th at 190 I am currently 184 so six pounds in one month. with a few slips of Movie Theater popcorn and a spoon full of peanut butter. I am finding I love this Atkins Way.
  • recker80
    recker80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started Atkins, on Sunday june29, so today is day 5 and I lost 8.5 pounds. My goal is to lose 30, but 40 would be great. I have had some duirisis over the past few days so I'm salting my food up good as of today. This is my 3rd or 4th go-around with Atkins. Maintenance is the hardest for me. Then I go years without thinking about it. I really want to make this work. I did a well balanced low calorie 1600 cal food pyramid diet a few months ago and gained lol too high in carbs for me! Atkins is the best for me.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs on Atkins a few years ago but got tired of writing everything down and stopped being rigorous. I kept the weight off 2 years and then my thyroid quit and I gained back 40 lbs.

Since joining here I've been blowing past my intended carb count but not my calorie target after exercise, so I'm losing weight. But even blowing past my intended carb limit, my intake of carbs is less than half of what the MFP default targets would have advised.

I like Atkins because bacon.
  • jessicadougherty86
    jessicadougherty86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Atkins again on June 13, 2014. I am really trying to make it work for me this time! 13.8 pounds lost.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I had lost 84 pounds but after 2 1/2 years I've started gaining and I don't know why!????
  • slfam
    slfam Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started one month ago yesterday and I have lost 11 pounds. I lost a lot of it the first week and it has really slowed down since then but I am in this for the long haul - not giving up!
  • coolsammy117
    Options
    Lost 30 a year ago. Back on cause im starting to slack
  • VaporHero2
    VaporHero2 Posts: 24
    Options
    Started 3 months ago and have lost 48lbs. You can do this. Just dont cheat! Sugar will stall you out for DAYS! If you dont cheat by eating too many carbs/sugar, than you will lose weight SUPER fast! Youre gonna be happy :)
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I lost 90 pounds on Atkins. Kept it off until I got pregnant. I've been struggling for the last 2 years to find my motivation and commitment and stick with it. I've tried to mix in more carbs, but I always go overboard with calories.
  • 8675309walker
    8675309walker Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    19 lbs lost in 59 days! I have 14 more lbs to go to reach my 125lbs goal weight. I set my calories at 1500 and have 20g-45g carbs a day with 50-60% fat intake and 30% to 40% protein. I love it so far! I never go hungry!
  • RainbowSagli
    Options
    Wow this is a hugh loss! Congratulations! I am thinking of starting Atkins but was unsure if you really loose weight or not. Do you also count and stay under a certain calorie count and what is your carb count per day.
    Thanks,
    Rainbow
  • RainbowSagli
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome weight loss! I am thinking of starting Atkins with at least 100 lbs to lose. I will keep checking in to see how others are doing.
    Rainbow
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you follow Atkins as it states, you WILL lose weight. And if you follow Atkins as it states, you WILL keep it off. I have learned that from all the positive posts on this site and many others. It is so encouraging and it keeps me going knowing that this way of eating has such an excellent success record!!
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Last year I was really motivated. I was logging everything and I was working out every second day ( cardio + weights) and in 3 months I lost 9 kg ( from 76 to 67) I managed to keep that weight for 6 months but then...yoyo. The only positive thing is that I know what to do...
  • rcjr49
    rcjr49 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started the combination of my fitness pal and the tempered atkins approach and have lost about 6 pounds, and I love it. I haven't felt this good in over 10 years. I love the fact that I can eat normal again. I have been on it about 4 weeks and looking forward to more progress. I would agree with one of the posts that stated to watch the sugar intake as it will slow down any measured success. I use the MFP to keep an eye on where carbs, protein and fiber are to help with gauging daily intake. I am hoping to lose a whopping 23 lbs, and to get to a humble 175 lbs. I have heard of people losing a lot more, so I am hoping to have the success they are having. Good luck and stick with it!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nice surprised yesterday. Passed the 200lbs down mark. yay!
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Satinpumpkin, that's incredible! Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetconcern
    sweetconcern Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new have just joined Group 2 days ago. I wanted to post my coconut bread recipe but first I have released l4 # since May 26, 2014. I have a bad thyroid so I am just happy with that wt. loss. I didn't lose it I am releasing it cause I don't want to find it again LOL.
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1/8 t soda
    1/8 t salt
    1/8 t lemon juice
    6 to 8 egg whites (I have used 1 egg and egg beaters)
    Bake 1/2 of mix in glass 1 cup bowl in micro for 1 minute. Makes 2 muffins can be split in half for English type muffin. I have also added 1 T of golden flax seed for what I call brown bread. Tastes great and easy to make. Store in open plastic bag in refrigerator after cooling. Good for our way of eating 1 carb per 1/2 muffin. cal. 64 I have entered the recipe in MFP data base as Irma's Coconut bread.
  • jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for 5 days and I'm down 5 pounds. A bit flabbergasted by it, and wondering why I haven't tried Atkins before, because I feel better than I have in months.