Do you count calories during a flare up?

Options
Yurippe
Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
I've been feeling like garbage for about a month. I don't want to start on steroids because I have horrible side effects. Do you think reduced calories could contribute to not feeling well?

Replies

• Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel yucky. I haven't experienced the two going hand-in-hand. I have experienced feeling awful this time of year, EVERY year. For me it's the climate change. I do not do well with that and I do especially bad with heat.
    When I feel really bad or I know a flare up is coming, I try to keep my stress level as low as possible. If counting calories stresses me out, I would put that on hold.
    I hope you feel better soon!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. :happy:

I did try eating without a deficit yesterday and felt exactly the same by the end of the day. I'll continue to eat more than I have been just to test this out.
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! MS can be such a pain in the butt... and many other places. Hahaha! :wink:
    I hope you are able to enjoy the rest of the summer.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Do your best to push through as much as you possibly can. I wish I had instead I kinda gave up when I wan't feeling well & went back on monthly steroids. I allowed my self to gain back 30lbs of the 50 I had lost I am so disappointed in myself for allowing it to happen. But now I'm back on here trying to lose again. Good luck to you & I hope you are feeling better soon.