Month 2 Starts Today - Any Advice?

Options
exwilson
exwilson Posts: 154 Member
So I just finished my recovery week on Saturday. Starting up month 2 today. Any advice going in?

Replies

• exwilson
    Options
    Yes, I have a piece of advice for you.

You will have been lulled into a false sense of confidence after getting used to month 1 and an easy recovery week. As such, your first day into month two will feel like a swift kick in the nads after completing your bi-weekly fit test, going directly into max interval training. By the end, you will be lying on the ground in puddles of your own sweat (and quite possibly vomit) deep enough in which to drown. At this point, you will hear Shaun T say, with the perkiest of attitudes, "Get up! It's time to stretch", and you will curse him from the bottom of your soul.

And you'll get up the next morning and gleefully put on the next DVD.
  • exwilson
    Options
    Oh my god! That's so totally what happened! Thanks for the advice!
  • danfiveoh
    danfiveoh Posts: 23
    Options
    Sounds like I'm a day ahead of you. After two days of month 2 I've sweated more than I did in month 1 and after doing the Plyo session yesterday I could do with never seeing it again.

However, I felt like that in week 1 too, and didn't give up then. I did time the fitness test / interval session into a morning and afternoon though (on a Sunday). No way I was going to do them together!

No advice really, just good luck and don't let it beat you.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Really not looking forward to this.
  • danfiveoh
    danfiveoh Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow.. Really not looking forward to this.

To be fair, I did Max Cardio Conditioning yesterday and really enjoyed it (though it's tough). :smile: