introductions..

Hi I'm Michelle. I just went back to work and I'm trying to get back in shape ofter being off for a long time. I was at 227 two weeks before going back and now I'm at 210-213. I walk about 10,000-16,000 steps a workday, according to my fitbit one, and only about 2,000-7,000 on my days off. I try really hard to get extra workouts in on my days off. I definitely plan on losing weight in the next 60 days so I figured this was a great!

Replies

• powers64
    powers64 Posts: 2
    Hi! This is Kelly. In the past 2 years since I started working at Nordstrom, I put on about 40lbs. Basically all attributed to Starbucks Lattes :) and i almost completely stopped exercising. I am hoping now that I am working out of my house, i can banaish sugar and get a steady workout routine in place. I am at 180 now. Hoping to get down to 130-135.

Thanks Michelle for setting this up!

I'm off to the pool for a swim :)
  • Hi, I'm Ann. I gave up smoking in January and am carrying around 50 extra pounds.

Looking forward to this thanks Michelle for setting this up
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Hi,
    My name is Cindy. I'm 57 years old and really started gaining weight during peri-menopause at about the age of 40. Prior to that I could lose weight easily so although I always dealt with some extra weight, I could drop the pounds whenever I wanted too. Well, from around 40 up till now the pounds kept adding up but not coming off to the tune of 10 pounds a year embarrassed: Finally, the last three years have been a series of health problems but nothing losing weight can't fix, plantar fasciitis, back pain and IBS which I've dealt with for 32 years.
    I have a really good diet. I eat all organic, grow a lot of my own foods including fruits, I never eat beef, mostly veggies, then fish and lastly chicken with the occasional whatever do to a party of some sort. I don't drink soda or any diet drinks. My achilles heel has been wine at night with the typical snacks that go with that, cheese and crackers. . . I have quite that to get healthy. I can't lose it all in 60 days, but I sure could use the support to make a difference that will motivate me to keep going.
    Thanks for being a sounding board.
  • Fit4Cruising
    Fit4Cruising Posts: 48 Member
    Hi, I'm Barbra, 58 yrs. This challenge sounds perfect for me - 60 days should get me down to my goal weight 140 lbs.
    It's always about those last 10 - 15 pounds. I cannot sit down in my favorite slim pencil skirt right now!
    Here are my issues: Exercise is easy for me - I love to go to yoga classes. I can easily avoid junk food - I like healthy low fat foods.
    Food portion control is my issue. I can eat mountains of healthy food / veggies.
    I honestly believe dieting is a big mind-game for me.
    I am listening to the self-hypnosis / trance audio programs on YouTube, along with my diet/exercise plan to help with the mental part of dieting.
    Some of my YouTube favorites are:
    Paul McKenna Easy Weight Loss,
    Ultimate Weight Loss Hypnosis -- 30 Day Challenge,
    Gastric Band Hypnosis Session
    Hypnotherapy for Weight loss and mindful eating
    If anyone else listens to these kind of audio motivational sessions, please share titles of your favorites for me to try. Thanks.
    I am motivated!!! I gotta get back into my slim pencil skirt!!! Good luck everyone!
  • Fit4Cruising
    congrats on giving up smoking, Ann!!! I will be sending positive thoughts your way that you never start up again! Barbra, RN
  • Thank you Barbra xxx
  • You're welcome, I guess. I just signed up. It was the first group I saw that got created and no one had joined. Seemed just what I needed! Nice to meet you!
  • Looks like you are on the right track! Keep up the good work!
  • Good job quitting smoking! I quit about four years ago after smoking for 7 years. The last two were three habitual cigarettes a day. Ridiculous. What's more is that I still have the urge almost everyday, just not the price tag and smell. Habits... so hard to break. I'm not even friends with any smokers, like as a trigger, but I work at a convenience store. That's probably why. Once again, great job quitting and good luck!
  • Fit4Cruising
    I composed a complete diet plan and "rules" for myself. I think if I am not strict with myself, no weight will come off.
    One big rule to self is: "no browsing around the kitchen or refrigerator..." that inevitably results in a bad outcome.
    Also, I am going to try substituting lunch or breakfast with a protein meal replacement shake, since portion control is an issue with me, I think it will be easiest to just stir up a nutritious shake, and get out of the kitchen.
    One of my biggest diet pitfalls is during the first 1/2 hour after I get home from work (I get home after 8PM, my family has already eaten).... That first 1/2 hour home can easily turn into a binge-fest on leftovers. I just cannot go into my kitchen after work. period.
    I really expect / need to see some significant results by the end of these 60 days...
    Good luck to everyone., Barbra
  • Hi. I read your introduction. Substituting meal bars or shakes throughout the day isn't bad but being hungry is. Focus on the healthy foods you actually enjoy. If you like to snack, may I suggest baby carrots. There are even some called supremes that are super sweet without the carrot after taste. I don't think staying out of the kitchen will last long term. That's what it's about. I'm only losing about a pound or two a week but the weight it steadily coming off. I exercise on the weekends because during the week I am just too tired from work. Looking up healthy recipes or grilling is a good idea, more vegetables less meat. Veggies are really low in calories and they can definitely fill you up. Chili powder and paprika have been a god sent. They give things a kick. I'm into boiled egg white sandwiches right now with 1 tbsp miracle whip light, mustard, pepper and paprika. I have been more than 50 grams of protein short a day for weeks not so I figured I'd try egg whites. Have a great day and good luck!