Water Wednesday (7/9) Check In!

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
20_zps63f1c33c.jpg

I'm thinking on having theme days every now and again. Water, Body-weight Exercises, Fruits, Veggies, Walking, Stretching - what do you think or would like to see?

Anyway.
Check in on your Food and Exercise today - but also, shoot to drink more water!

Try to drink a min of 72oz. (If you wake up at 8am and go to bed 9pm that's a 8oz glass of water ever 1.5 hours)

Replies

• 13Strong
    Options
    Sometimes it's so hard to track every little thing... I'm sure that's why I never lose a pound. I forgot about ketchup mustard n mayo. Ugh.
    (yesterday's post)

Have you tried using the scanner thing on the phone app? I tried it just yesterday ( tues) while making lunch in a rush, and it was awesome! As I took things out of a box or bag, I just scanned them in right there, including the mustard for my sandwhich.
  • Tues72
    Tues72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Water really works, especially if you drink it half an hour before food, because it makes you feel full and then you eat less. Mixing it with zero sugar blackcurrent juice helps to because that is a diuretic :drinker:
  • Binglebangle
    Options
    Theme days could be a fun reminder....need all the help I can get so you have my vote.
    Stayed within goal today but not good food choices, very busy day so just grabbed whatever was easier to shove down my throat....yes I'm ashamed.
    30 day shred first thing, will do zumba tonight, aiming for 8 hours sleep but it's too hot here in Spain, doesn't get cool till early hours!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    It's 1:30pm here and I'm up to 44oz of water. So far so good. It helps it's very humid here and I'm sweating.

Just eating lunch now, packed the same as yesterday (Sandwich, extra meat this time, Yogurt, Banana, Fiber-One bar). Also today, I have found out I do not like whips yogurt. :( Texture is off to me.

Tues72 - Thanks for the tip! I have not tried that, though lately I have been adding lemon, lime or cucumber slices to my water at home as by the end of the day I don't feel like drinking much so I'm trying to up the taste.

BingleBangle - I agree on needing to eat right vs just staying in right - but hey you tracked it at least! It's hard some days to eat healthy for sure.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello there... I am just feeling blah today. I need to pack tonight for my trip and I'm feeling a bit stressed.

For breakfast I had a pancake (no butter or syrup) and two sausages. For lunch I had a healthy choice meal. I had a nature valley bar for a snack so far and I'm starting to feel hungry again. So far I have 4,443 steps/1.83 miles.

I started this morning with a 16 oz cup of water and finished it before breakfast. I got a 32 oz cup down before lunch and I"m working on another 32 oz (about half way) so 64 oz so far.

I hope I feel less tired after leaving work..
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using the scanner thing on the phone app? I tried it just yesterday ( tues) while making lunch in a rush, and it was awesome! As I took things out of a box or bag, I just scanned them in right there, including the mustard for my sandwhich.

I use the scanner thing all the time, I just think that when someone else cooks for me I tend to forget. When I make my own meal I scan as I get food together.
  • akwhite82
    akwhite82 Posts: 7
    Options
    My Water goal daily is to drink 5 bottles 16.9 oz. That's how I keep track to drink the same amount everyday. So far I am doing pretty good. I have drank 4 today and save my last one for after my evening workout of 3 miles walking/running. I am hoping this rain holds off long enough for me to go do this because I don't have a backup plan for cardio.

I just started an arm challenge and a plank challenge yesterday. So I have successfully completed two days of both. Looking forward to see how far it gets me and if my arms start to look better .
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wed. Check-in....

Today has been a success, calorie-wise, although health-wise, it's been terrible. I skipped lunch and ate pizza for dinner after a night of insomnia left me exhausted and worthless today.

And since I've been making up for last night's lack of sleep, I've been napping instead of drinking my water.

The day's not over, so I can work on the water, and tomorrow I start fresh! Thank goodness.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big water fan since I've got a small bladder and don't like going to the toilet numerous times a day. As for a check in, not much to say, still losing weight, albeit slowly. I'd like to reach goal weight by the end of the year if possible. Today I have to eat 2kg of veges since I'm leaving in 2 days and I've got 5kg of frozen veges in the freezer. 2 today, 2 tomorrow and 1kg with me when I leave.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been doing very good and getting in more protein than carbs. I always strive to drink 1 gallon of water a day, but on the days I don't go to the gym I usually don't get 1 gallon. I think themes would be great... :)
  • jaimejesse
    Options
    I have been having a hard time drinking the water. My big challenge is to limit, then eliminate the coke and drink more water, but it's been difficult. I really like the idea of theme days. I think I will try that starting tomorrow with Drink More Water and just really focus on water, exercise, and calories. I'm going to try rotating those. I think I will see more success.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Barely made it to 72oz. The afternoon I did not feel like drinking as much water but I was making it. I have two water bottles at my desk (which I don't sit at right now) - one 12oz, one 20oz. So I go back and forth trying to 'kill' one of those down, routinely trying to walk by my desk again, or take the bottle with me around the plant. I don't like water that's too cold, so I go back and forth on the refill, to let one sit to room temp while I drink the other.