July Challenge

Options
electriq
electriq Posts: 359 Member
Monthly challenges are a great way of breaking down your goals and feeling part of a community at the same time. The general idea is that there are no rules, you set your goals for the month be they exercise or weight loss or healthy eating or something else and then we check in with each other once a week with how we are going. Our final check in is on the 1st of the following month when we can reflect on our outcomes and hopefully celebrate!

Tips: its a great idea to set a conservative goal, something that you feel you can easily achieve - you can always add top-up goals if you reach it early and then feel extra good! :-)

My goals this month are...

- Loose 2kg (starting weight 91kg)
- Run 115km (72 miles)
- Swim 18km (11.25 miles)

What are yours?

Replies

• BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    - Join a gym and go regularly
    - Improve on your workout regimen
    - Get down to 280 (at least) by July 31st
    - Quit with the night owl life... sleep at night, be up and about during the day -- exercise at earlier hours, not after midnight
    - Get a better handle on everything... (learn WTF macros/micros are, food portions, eating healthier food, cutting out cravings even if you can fit them into your daily calories, the world of smoothies/shakes, etc.)

I feel like I want to add more... I don't know.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have many goals for the summer but for July I'm going to aim for:

losing 10 lbs
    Getting into a daily walking routine that works best for my schedule
    Doing regular strength training routines ...every day / every other day
    Cooking more and eating restaurant food less ....2-3 times this month only and yes, Tim hortons counts
    And ultimately I would like to fit into my size 42 jeans
  • Happygolucky53
    Options
    I'm a little late joining this challenge, But my goals for this month are

Loose 5LB
    Do some form of exersize every day
    Avoid sugary drinks and snacks like Cola and sweets

:)
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lose 10 lbs
    Exercise an hour a day
    No soda
    No overnight eating
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goals aren't all weight loss goals but do indirectly help. Mine are:

-to lose 4-5 pounds. (starting at 236)
    -do strength training twice a week
    -swim more often
    -find a doctor/orthopedist to finally be diagnosed
    -cut down on berating myself when I am not perfect.
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    July is a crazy month for me schedule-wise so I'll keep my goals more simple:

Boot Camp at least 2x a week
    Bring my bench Press to 110lbs
    Be consistent in following my weekly meal plan
  • electriq
    Options
    It's great to see everyone joint in with their goals for the month! :-)

I thought I'd check in with an update seeing as we're a week into July

GOAL 1 : Loose 2kg
    My weight has been doing funny things lately so no weight loss yet but weigh in day is Friday so we'll see. I'm not too worried as I have been sticking to my calorie intake so I'm sure it will work itself out

GOAL 2
    I've run 31.2/115km

GOAL 3
    I've Swum 5km/18km
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    well, i didn't quite hit my june goal and i'm a little late to the party but i'd like:

- to get down to 148 from 151.2 (which would finally put me over the 100 lbs lost mark)
  • eml298
    eml298 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good for you guys for setting goals and checking in on them! I'm late, but would still love to join in. I was doing pretty regular journaling of food and working out until things hit a snag a few months back...and I just STOPPED. So, my goals for July are:

1) log in to MFP daily
    2) record my intake daily
    3) exercise (for the first time in months) at least three times before the end of July. (Hopefully I surpass this one soon, but I want to ensure success!)

Hope everyone's off to a great month!
  • electriq
    Options
    Welcome you guys!

and great job on nearly getting to 100lbs PinkPanda!
    Thats amazing!
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Update on my weight loss goal... I weighed in Monday morning and was down 3.6 pounds from my weigh-in last week. I was surprised, given some circumstances, but also very happy. That puts me at 292.4... 12.4 away from my July goal of 280. Honestly, that goal might've been a bit over the top. However, I wanted to shoot for an amazing yet still reasonably achievable number. If I at least get close to 280, I will probably consider the goal (semi-)successfully achieved.
    (I'm overthinking my math right now and it's confusing me, but I digress.)

Still no gym membership (Soon??), my workout regimen has been pathetic for a few days due to a sciatica flare-up, don't yet have a complete understanding of everything fitness-related... and still night owling it up.

I have not given up, and I won't. Gotta keep working hard to achieve my July goals.
  • electriq
    Options
    Great job on the 3.6lbs!
    Thats awesome :-)
  • const1ar
    const1ar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but I'm down =]

I would like to exercise 3 times per week

I would like to lose 5 pounds in the month of July

Cut down on alcohol intake lol (only 2 days per week)

Replace processed foods with more clean foods
  • Happygolucky53
    Options
    Update;

Goal One: - I have mangaged to loose 2 of the 5 pounds I set myself to loose this month - 3 more to go Yay :D

Goal Two: - due to some really long shifts at work I haven't put in the effort and done exercise every day like I orrigianaly planned. Hoping to pick this goal up next week and do better.

Goal Three: - I have mostly managed to avoid sugary things having only had one or two little treats - but Cola and Soda I Have cut out on compleatly.
  • electriq
    Options
    Nice job Happygolucky! :-)
  • Happygolucky53
    Options
    Thanks! I hope your challenge is going well for you too! :)
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well, managed to hit boot camp 3x this week and my *kitten* is kicked! I still have another lifting session to get done but so far so good.
  • Happygolucky53
    Options
    Well done! That is really awesome :D Keep up the good work
  • electriq
    Options
    Yes, great job raikay!

And thanks Happygolucky :-) my goals are going pretty well...

GOAL 1 : Loose 2kg
    I've lost 0.6kgs so far

GOAL 2
    I've run 57.3/115km

GOAL 3
    I've Swum 7.5km/18km
  • Happygolucky53
    Options
    Two weeks In update :)

I haven't lost any weight this week - but I am still positive I can loose 5 Pounds before the month is over

I have been Exercising more and have joined up for some classes near to wear I live to keep me motivated.

I haven't had any soda or fizzy drinks , but my week started badly at a friends birthday party where we ordered a Huge chinese to share between us for dinner.