4000 members???

Options
kirkor
kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
How does this group have 4k members and no posts?? Do people just sign up for groups and then only hang out in the general discussion boards?

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes, sure seems that way :ohwell:
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I rarely get on my laptop to check out the community posts. I wish the iPhone app made it more accessible to post on discussion boards :-(
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I rarely get on my laptop to check out the community posts. I wish the iPhone app made it more accessible to post on discussion boards :-(

+1 I go through times when I'm really into posting and times when I don't, but it would be so much easier if I could do it on my phone. Especially since I do so much better when I'm in greater communication with the community.
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I go through phases when I'm super active in the forums I join and then not so much for a while. I do love a good chit-chat my group members, though!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options

Me too. It would be so nice to be able to post from my phone. It's rare that I get a chance to sit down post from the computer.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Since the board has been less active I haven't been checking as much. Between that and limited time on line I am not in here a lot.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I go through phases when I'm super active in the forums I join and then not so much for a while. I do love a good chit-chat my group members, though!

Same here
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wonder the thing myself.lol I tend to be pretty active on this forum for the most part and we have our regulars but for some reason it has never remained completely active. :grumble: I post weekly weigh in and miles tracking spreadsheets for all to use. No one really seemed interested in the strength training or weekly challenges so I stopped posting them earlier this year.

I am totally down with whatever anyone wants to do; post a thread and see what sticks. For example, I am not a runner but I know there are people on this forum that do. It would be great to see someone take the lead on that. With the men I am at a loss. I do not know what works for them so any men out there that want the company or care to bounce off ideas please share!

P.S. I have gone through the painstaking task twice of deleting inactive members (6+ months) and old posts and holy crapola that was work. Maybe it's time I clean house again, get some true numbers and relevant posts front and center :wink:

xo,

Jo
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but from what I've read there's nothing really specific to this group that isn't discussed elsewhere. 30 somethings don't have their own set of challenges or interests or goals, so it ends up being a smaller version of the main boards. What's to draw someone to post here in the group rather than in the main forums?
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but from what I've read there's nothing really specific to this group that isn't discussed elsewhere. 30 somethings don't have their own set of challenges or interests or goals, so it ends up being a smaller version of the main boards. What's to draw someone to post here in the group rather than in the main forums?
    I ask myself the same thing jacksonpt. I myself have struggled with posts and have done many posts to see what sticks. What's odd is that even though I've been on MFP since 2011 this is the only group I have ever been in (besides my HOTTIES - I know a few of you are still in this group); always active on here.

It's sad as this forum has much potential as we are all in the same age group and our lives physically and mentally would tend to have similarities. Much information to bounce off of each other.

I really think it's a bunch of lurkers on here.:laugh: :wink: