question about sleep zzzzz.....

Options
I am not sure if it is keto or just my personal biorythm but i seem to only sleep for 5-6 hours a day... if i sleep a bit early it seems i just wake up early instead of sleeping more... i dont feel overly tired or anything in the morning besides yawning couple times like people normally do.. I have been in keto for 4 months now... I dont feel snoozing off during work or anything like that either...

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I sleep more, and more soundly with LCHF way of eating. I do believe that some folks just don't require as much sleep as others. My hubby functions very well on 6 a night. I can't really function well on less than 8 a night. Have you always been this way, or is it different now?
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    i guess i used to be able to sleep much longer. but before keto i suppose i slept slightly more than now. Also i am also suspecting whether it is the apartment because the sun hits directly into it in the morning so maybe the light is causing me to wake up? maybe i should get the eye covers and see if that makes a difference...
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've found that once I'm in ketosis, I don't need as much sleep. Like you, even going to bed earlier I still wake earlier. I just assume my body doesn't need 8-10 hours of sleep anymore, just 5-7. I kinda like it :)
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I sleep 4 hrs a day and I feel great. I feel like I get more hours in day than before.
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    wow 4 hours a day... interesting enough today i wore those sleep eyeblind things and went to bed an hour early than usual and i woke up an hour earlier!... so i kind of stared around and tried to go to sleep and ended up in a semi sleep mode till alarm hit... kinda weird
  • aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It makes me require less sleep as well, I often wake up before my alarm.