INTRODUCTION

Options
HEALTH CHALLENGES

This is a group that challenges members to do certain activities weekly, daily, or monthly to achieve health goals.

SECTION BREAK DOWN

FITNESS CHALLENGES:
Will mostly be bodyweight, running, step counting, or walking challenges.

DIET CHALLENGES:
Will mostly be cutting out select unhealthy foods, no/less sugar, more veggie or fruit challenges or things of that nature.

Hey, thanks for joining Health Challenges! I am going to try to post daily, weekly, and monthly challenges for members to complete. All YOU have to do is post on that thread how far you are or if you completed the challenge daily. I would also recommend for certain challenges to track progress with a ticker or write it down.

ABOUT CHALLENGES

Daily challenges? Challenges done daily to improve fitness. There will be a new goal each day for each challenge. There will (unless I decide to change it) be only one challenge a day to try for. -CURRENTLY ON HOLD-

Weekly challenges? Challenges done weekly to improve diet and health. There will be 2-5 goals for the week. They will all be different things to do for a grand total at the end of the week.

Monthly challenges? Challenges done monthly to improve fitness. There will be 3 goals for the month. Again they will all be different and will add to a grand challenge.

Weekly and Monthly are the two challenges I recommend for the ticker or paper.

Another feature I will be adding is a LEADERBOARD. That's for those who have completed the challenge or did EVEN MORE than asked of the challenge. I will post the top member(s) for each challenge. The challenges will be numbered and dated so you can find out where you stand for each challenge. I MIGHT also list with the challenge all who completed it for the sake of accountability. Lots of work for me, but I think it's worth it.

RULES

Try to keep profanity low.
Try not to post many threads as it WILL clutter up the group.
Do not insult other members and stay positive.
Message me if there is an issue about anything (etc Leaderboard).

Other than that I recommend checking back here later as I might add more rules or change things.

FINALLY

If you would like, ask questions or introduce yourself on this thread.

NOW WHAT?

Wait a bit while I post up a daily challenge. Prep yourself. Eat some fruit, take a run, smile.

Have a nice day everyone! :tongue:

-LUOY :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Casey. I am 30 years old and I live in South Georgia. I am a mother of 5 and I am also a behavioral therapist. I am currently doing PiYo with some TurboFire mixed it. My breaking point was when I could no longer wear any of my clothes because I was too fat. I am constantly up and down on the scale. Now that I have finally finished college I have a lot more time on my hands and plan to kick this fat for good. :D
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Jamie. I'm married and have two spoiled kitties at home. Right now I'm working on a Les Mills Pump/ Combat hybrid. I've hit some roadblocks recently with my health and life in general, but I'm working on getting back to it! I was doing TDEE-15%, but since my workouts have been so sporadic the last couple of weeks, I'm going back to the MFP method until I get back to a steady routine of awesomeness.

Thanks for the group and I look forward to working with everyone!
  • kimberly_l_adams
    kimberly_l_adams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Kim I am newly married with 3 boys and 2 step girls, I lost weight (60lbs) a couple of years ago. I got married last October and put on 30lbs of the 60 I lost. I am trying to get back on the right track. Currently I go to the gym 5 days a week in the morning with about 30 minutes of cardio and alternate weight days of upper body and lower body. In addition, I am nearly done with JM 30DS (last date on Sun. 07/13) So far 9 lbs down. I was thinking of starting JM RI30 next. Thanks for this group. I love challenges. Need something to keep me on track this time.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining! Don't forget to check out the challenges for today and this month! Stay positive everyone! :smile:
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Christina, I am 30 years old and live in Lansing. I am a stay at home mother of four children which keeps me very active. I recently purchased some gym equipment because I was having a hard time getting to the gym due to my husbands work schedule. He is literally gone all week long:(. So I currently have a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, weights, a total gym, some yoga items and some body strengthening items. I enjoy the outdoors so I haven't used these much, not to mention I am in the process of setting the room up. It will be up by Sunday! I look forward to working on these challenges with all of you and I am so excited!
  • Eatsomethinggreen
    Eatsomethinggreen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lost 40 pounds and I need to lose another 40. I need lots of encouragement ????????
  • CaliforniaGirl84
    CaliforniaGirl84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, my name is Becca and I want to get in shape! I need support and motivation so I'm hoping this group will provide it for me. Ideally I'd like to lose 15-20 pounds and be able to have more energy as well!
  • ZoobieMama
    Options
    So I've finally done it! I am stopping all the talk talk and excuses and beginning the action to get fit. As a 53 year old (newly) single mom, I need to improve my health now more than ever to be the best I can be for myself and my daughters. I am rather out of shape, I hope I can keep up with these challenges ... even if I cannot meet the goals set right away I will always do my best to improve my endurance. I want to be part of this group because I (honestly) don't know about which exercises to do to help myself. And I know I will need support to encourage me to stay the course. This is a HUGE leap for me ... I want to and need to become a healthier person. Thank you in advance for all the great ideas and helpful hints I will learn about through this group.
  • heatheralene
    heatheralene Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday!
    I'm Heather...wife, mommy and nerdy gal :) I've been off and on MFP for awhile now and have finally decided on again and sticking to it! Trying to make some positive changes to my health and fitness and over all well being. Looking forward to busting out these challenges with you all! :)
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone! :smile:

I will be the old Grandmother of this group!!
    But I need this challenge to make me accountable. I am so glad I found you.

I may not be able to do everything completely correct but I am going to do my best to meet the challenges.

I hope each of you have a great Sunday.

I am excited to get started!:bigsmile:
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Gent????. I'm Tammy and I'm 54 years old. I chanced upon this group and I'm so happy I did. I love challenges....it motivates me. I enjoy running, I'm just getting into yoga a bit and have started training at a private studio with a couple friends. I want to start to be more accountable for my eating and drinking habits as well (I do enjoy my wine but need to NOT enjoy it quite so much????). Keeping busy with challenges will be a great replacement.
    I don't have fitbit anymore(I was one of the unfortunate ones who had a skin reaction to the force) so tracking steps may be a challenge. There's probably an app for that I suspect. Looking forward to this!
  • radiocricket
    radiocricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Such a great idea! I'm not too far behind!

My name is Janice, I'm a work-from-home mom of elementary aged children. Some days I have more free time than others. I'm working on getting the whole family healthier and implementing some different lifestyle changes. I'm thrilled with the changes I've seen after just 6 weeks, that's enough to keep everyone motivated.
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am Soozey i am 42 and live in Australia, I love to exercise and eat clean.
    I am suffering the motivational blues ATM. I know what to do , sometimes stress derails all my hard work.
    I work out as often as I can and have a personal trainer twice a week. But it is my last two sessions this week.
    I am lost and need to find my own motivation, sure I can sign up for some more, but I want to see if I can do it alone at the gym.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello, y'all! My name is Becca and I am a stay at home/work at home mom. I joined MFP in January when I was fed up with my clothes not fitting and disgusted by the fact that my stomach fat sat on my thighs when I went to the bathroom (sorry, TMI!!). I started just tracking calories but quickly realized I did not want to be skinny fat. So I started walking/jogging and doing JM 30 DS and have moved on to Ripped in 30. In the beginning, I looked and felt like a beached whale and could not make it 2 minutes without a break. So far I have lost 34 pounds and so many inches and I have a new love for myself and exercise. Only being a few pounds from my goal, I thought I would join this group for motivation and to mix it up a little! Good luck on the challenges, we can do this!!
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey group! So glad to be apart of this fitness challenge! It has already challenged me in the past few days, so that is awesome. My name is Jennifer, I'm 25 and a single mom to my beautiful son. He will be 4 in a month, and starting pre school. I work at a daycare right now, until school is back in - then I will be off to find my first big girl job since graduating college this May!

I have lost 40 pounds since having my son (from 211 to 171) and now I want to lose the last 16 to get to 155. I am also wanting to build strength! I am excited to be involved with a group on here, and would love to know you all more! Send me a message or a friend request if you would like!!