Hi I'm new to this :-)

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
I wanted to start doing lower carb & I guess my biggest question is. If I am keeping my calories around 1300 a day, what should I set my macros to in order to be low carb? Thanks & It's nice to meet you all :flowerforyou:

Replies

• DJ7203
    Options
    Bump
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi. You're going to love this way of eating. I aim for 1300 calories as well. My macros are 10% carb/20% protein and 70% fat. I know some go lower on carbs and make it up with fat. I may try that myself soon.
  • eatspopcorn
    eatspopcorn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

This website has a good calculator you can use that will tell you about your macros and give you an idea of where you should set them. Lots of good info on this site about LCHF/Keto

http://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/
  • LondonSuz
    LondonSuz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    It also depends how low carb you want to go - are you going for the low-low carb keto inducing way of eating? I believe that's staying under 20g carbs a day.
    I started with just cal counting and am also on 1300 a day but over the last few weeks also started tracking my carbs and set my goals so my max is 90g carb a day, but I aim for 50-60g or lower on days where possible! It's really helped me and also doesn't restrict my diet so I can still have some carbs but have to check they're worth it from my daily allowance!
    Have a think how low carb you want to be, check the daily carb grams that equates to and then amend % goals to match.
    :smile:
  • DJ7203
    Options
    Thanks so much for the information everyone :flowerforyou:
  • sinistraltyger
    Options
    Hi all, note that is 20 NET carbs a day... :) Don't forget the fiber and how it works with this.