Body image

Options
Hello I am new in the group.. Does anyone have ideas how to fight negative self talk and comparing present older self to past younger self? Rather than motivate myself, this kind of thinking makes me feel like I will never reach goal! If you have gone through this, I appreciate any good ideas! Thanks.

Replies

• jbekkaz
    jbekkaz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find it's good to continually remind myself that I am not that young person any longer. That I have walked through life's trials and tribulations and have come out the other side. I remind myself that I'm not perfect, when I know I've not done something as well as I know I could have but made the effort to. I give myself "kudos" for at least making an effort.

I have been trying to see different things when I look in the mirror. I try to look beyond the outside and give thanks for my legs being strong as they move my body throughout the day and I picture my heart that continues to be strong when it too battles from the inflictions that I cause it. That single muscle has provided me with every day of my life; regardless of how my body looked. We are human and we are complex and ever changing in so many ways. We must realize that weight is not a measure of self-worth! And being thin is not a prerequisite for living life!

When those negative thoughts start to creep in; just say stop! Remind yourself that we can never be that person we were years ago. Look at that image in the mirror and proudy say: " I am who I am NOW and I'm working to make me the best that I can be NOW."

Best wishes to you mil63! Find your inner beauty and your outer beauty will transform before your eyes!
  • mil63
    mil63 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks , what you wrote is beautiful and wise!