Options

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW: 198
    GW: 180

I am going to add an exercise goal - strength training 3 times a week, whether I do it when I do my cardio before work (if I can get up any earlier!!), or if I have to make time after work to do it!
  • CelenaLeV
    CelenaLeV Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!

CW: 280
    GW: 265

It's been six weeks since my surgery and I'm doing great at 42 lbs. lost. Now I need to keep with the exercise and drinking plenty of water!

Good luck everyone!

Celena
  • borloglou
    borloglou Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in!
    cw: 141
    gw: 135

I need to increase my protein intake! As, I've gotten further out from my sleeve, I've gotten more relzxed about my protein. Back to basics - 60-80 grams per day!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for the good reminder about non-scale goals. As I've come closer to my goal its been easier to be discouraged by no changes in the weight.

The two areas I will be aiming for are:
    1. Completely track intake at least 5 days/wk
    2. Get to the gym at least 2 days/wk

This is what has worked and what will continue to work. : )
  • MindyMac51
    MindyMac51 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in! RNY 11/02/10; Working off regain of 38 lbs. over past 18 months; 7 down, 43 to goal

Wt. goals:
    CW 213
    GW 204 by Labor Day
    GW 170 by 11/02/15 or sooner! :smile:

Exercise: Continue 60 Minutes walking 6x a week; Increase from 3 mi. To 3.5; maybe add a little jogging in
    Keeping Track: continue tracking exercise, diet, measurements at MFP every day; 1100-1200 cal./day
  • Mell0566
    Mell0566 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am going to make a weight goal as well as an exercise goal. I need the challenge

CW: 266
    GW: 245

I commit to the gym at least 3x / wk at least 30 min per session.

Also commit to walking w/ my husband in the evening at least 3x / wk
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Great goals and group of challengers! Come on if you're reading this thread throw your hat in the ring!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • KimBacon1955
    Options
    Hope it's not too late for me to join.
    My goals for Labor Day:
    To be at 190 or less
    CW 205

I'm currently walking 3,000 to 4,000 steps per day
    by Labor Day I'd like to consistently be up to 10,000 steps per day

Also be doing a strength training routine 3 x week
  • hkabashi82
    hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!

Excited for another challenge :)

I actually started this on Monday, July 7th on another forum.

July 7 - 220.2

July 14 - 214.6 (-5.6) :):):)

That's a good jump towards onederland!!!

Labor Day GW - 195 It would be nuts to hit onederland!!!! Can't wait!

A fitness goal - I started the C25K last week so I'd like to have that completed between now and my first 5K ever on August 23rd. Also, I would like to have another 5K signed up for before labor day.

Another fitness goal - incorporating more strength training in my workouts - need to workout my arms, abs and inner thighs like whoa!

Incidentally, tomorrow is my birthday and I'm nearly 90 pounds less than I was at my last birthday WOOO HOOO
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    What a great birthday present you have given yourself (as well as giving yourself many more birthdays in the future)!

Congrats!
  • adesantis296
    adesantis296 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OK I think its time I get in on this. I am 1 week VSG Post op.

CW: 361
    GW: 341

(Think 20 Lbs is doable!)

Exercise Goals: 30 mins of walking every day. This is a big jump for me as I am horrible at keeping it up!
  • Chris10_9817
    Chris10_9817 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I am new to this group. I had lapband in March of this year.

CW: 201
    GW: 190 or less

I also want to continue working out 5x a week and remember to keep my protein between 60-80 grams.

Good luck everyone!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Just want to reiterate to new members there is no "deadline" to join this challenge! Get in where you fit in is what we say at my house! :wink:
    This is a place of declaration of what your personal goals are and of support.:flowerforyou:
    Best of luck to all of you in reaching your goals!:drinker:
  • Greg1952
    Greg1952 Posts: 5
    Options
    CW: 324
    GW: 299

Hi Folks.....I recently joined your support group at the start of my weight loss journey.:bigsmile: I have one more hurdle to overcome prior to surgery, as I'm sure most of you know I'm referring to the meeting with the surgeon to set up the surgery date.
    My weight loss goal is to lose 25 lbs. prior to surgery, not including the two week prep period. My starting weight is 324 and I have lost 3 lbs. in the first day. Great way to get pumped!!!!!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Let's see if we can get more people to participate in this challenge!

You are free to join any time you'd like, even if it's just the day before it ends.

All goals alike, big and small, are important to have to stay on track.

Let's hear some more!
  • l2bt
    l2bt Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! I want to join the challenge!

I still have just over 5 weeks until Labor Day, so I'll work to lose 5 pounds, exercise 3 times a week, and work on visualizing a positive body image. I focus too much on negatives. I'll also take at least one Salsa or Tango class between now and then, to focus on fun and healthy exercise ...sans my usual Vodka Soda... =(
  • grace20072010
    Options
    My goal is to be exercising 5 days a week on my half marathon for beginners program. The fitness director at the fitness center at work said she would monitor my progress (I am very slow) and is designing a strength training program for me! For free! My only problem is I work at 6:30 in the morning so unless I get up at 4:30 in the morning and run in the dark, I have to go to the YMCA for 45 minutes after dinner each night. That is hard because I work all day and am tired. But that is my goal. I doubt I will be able to run the Hartford Half Marathon in October, but I think I will be able to run the 5K that goes on at the same time.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A little worried that I might not hit my goal this time, but will try. I finally saw a loss after a three week long stall (something I haven't had since the dreaded "three week post-op stall" which for me also lasted three weeks.

Ten pounds in a month is a tad bit steep for me this far out, but I'm sure not impossible.

How is everyone else doing?
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Not doing nearly as well as the July 4 challenge. Exercise has slipped and my eating/logging is less rigorous. Will have to step it up!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not doing nearly as well as the July 4 challenge. Exercise has slipped and my eating/logging is less rigorous. Will have to step it up!

I'm not doing well either... I'm definitely going to have to start stepping it up!