Bike-less... :(

Options
Fit_French
Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
Dropped my bike at the LBS yesterday due to not shifting well...now I feel lost I cant ride till Thursday...even if it is 90 degrees out! ....and the stationary bikes at the gym suck for fit compared to a road bike!

Replies

• ButterSlinky77
    Options
    Oh dear, I feel for you. Still, Thursday isn't that far away, maybe you could try long walks for a couple of days?
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That is why every cyclist needs more than one bike!
  • Fit_French
    Options
    I would steal the bf's mountain bike since we're almost the same height, but he has a flat and hasn't fixed it yet! But very true,I do need another bike in case of such emergencies!
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You could patch his tube.......
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need more than one bike. Fix that flat yourself and steal your BFs bike. LOL!!!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Correct number of bikes to own = N+1

(where N = number of bikes currently owned)

Though it can sometimes be expressed as

Correct number of bikes to own = d - 1

(where d = Divorce.)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need more than one bike. Fix that flat yourself and steal your BFs bike. LOL!!!

agreed and agreed.
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would steal the bf's mountain bike since we're almost the same height, but he has a flat and hasn't fixed it yet! But very true,I do need another bike in case of such emergencies!
    You need a better boyfriend.

BTW I am not allowed to keep my wife's bike in anything less than absolutely perfect condition.
  • Fit_French
    Options
    Of course he fixed it so he could take it out!...mine was ready yesterday, but that was a horrible few bike-less days!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You need a better boyfriend.

BTW I am not allowed to keep my wife's bike in anything less than absolutely perfect condition.

Ladies should maintain their own bikes!

Actually my husband does about half of mine, but I'd really like to learn to do more.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Seriousy...get better friends and/or neighbors. Go borrow.

Works. :bigsmile: