Question to the current members...

Options
Hello everyone! Hope the day is treating you well!

I know right now I have Daily Challenges and Monthly challenges for fitness in mind right now, but I find that weekly maybe a little much, No?

What do you all think about weekly challenges being more DIET oriented? Such as, eat this number of fruits, veggies, cut out all sugar? Things like that? Suggestions?

Can't wait to hear from you and check out today's daily challenge! :flowerforyou:

-LUOY

Replies

• Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm down for whatever, I especially like the physical challenges. I can't cut out sugar though. For unknown reasons (I think this is why I have gained my weight) I have been to the doctor because I begin to shake. I don't know what my body needs, either protein or sugar so I eat and eat whatever I can to make the shaking stop. Usually sugar does it. I have found that since I have began eating the fiber one brownies or the skinny cow clusters once a day that I have not experienced the shaking, hot and cold sweats, nausea, and just plain feeling terrible. But I am down for all else:).
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! Good to know! I will probably just ask to meet a certain amount of veggies or fruits every week and to cut out soda or a certain baked good. Something that could be replaced with something else. What about natural sugar? Does that work for you?
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Personally, I know I struggle with eating more fruits just because I find that I'm not liking them as much as I used to. I'm also struggling with sugar intake, I find myself really wanting to eat sugar this week. I made some low calorie brownies and I've been eating them for my desert instead, so that has been a good way for me to handle it. But I also made rice krispies for my husband and I've been snacking on them when I have calories left over. Luckily, I've never eaten more than a little at a time, but its been hard not to eat the whole pan lol. I love those things!

Not now, but in the past I find myself reaching for microwave chimichangas instead of a salad for lunch. I know a lot of people here struggle with soda and alcohol intake. More water would be a great challenge too.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of weekly food choice challenges, while keeping the other challenges more physical!
  • DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think weekly food challenges are a great idea. It's a challenge, if it's something that conflicts with your diet or health...you just skip the challenge for that week.
  • Ashley6278
    Ashley6278 Posts: 46
    Options
    I like the weekl food challenges, I think that is a great idea! Right now Im focusing on lowering carbs and getting my protein intake up and reaching my daily goal.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I will be thinking of next week's health challenge! Great to hear everyone is excited about it!