Fat Bombs!

Options
Domane1963
Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
Oh my! Having stumbled across fat bombs on a post on here a couple of days ago, I have just attempted my first batch, using this recipe from Pinterest....

http://eatfatlosefatblog.com/how-to-make-coconut-oil-candy-fat-bombs/

They were a little runny so they've become "fat coins" - but now that they've set, they taste delicious.... and so sickly that I won't over-indulge, which is brilliant! I think I'd try adding peppermint essence next time so that you get that mint/choc flavouring.... yummm....

Replies

• Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    These look really good, thanks for sharing!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I made an attempt at some bombs recently, just an experiment. I used 2T of coconut oil, 1/2 of a square of bakers chocolate, and a little vanilla extract. No sweetener. Melted it all together in the microwave and put in the fridge. It made 1 bomb that was around 260 calories.

We have this Dove chocolate mousse mix. I'm thinking of using that, it has sugar in it but it's only 5 carbs per 2tsp serving, and I wouldn't need more than that to make the same size bomb as in my 1st experiment.

I got a big container of coconut oil from Sam's club, it was like 8 bucks for a 28oz jar, and it tastes great.
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Having stumbled across fat bombs on a post on here a couple of days ago, I have just attempted my first batch, using this recipe from Pinterest....

They were a little runny so they've become "fat coins" - but now that they've set, they taste delicious.... and so sickly that I won't over-indulge, which is brilliant! I think I'd try adding peppermint essence next time so that you get that mint/choc flavouring.... yummm....

I can highly recommend this recipe - I made some today with peanut butter and they are absolutely delicious. I melted the coconut oil as I wanted to get an accurate weight for future reference and so I poured the mixture into mini muffin tins lined with mini cases. And for anyone who doesn't like coconut oil you can't taste any coconut at all so give them a try.
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Does anyone happen to know the nutrition content for this recipe?
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if fat bombs can be eaten while on Induction? Does anyone know and what would be the recipe for them. Thanks!!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I think eating fat bombs is a great way to help stay in ketosis, so yes, perfect for Induction phase of Atkins.
    There are tons of recipes around the paleo/low carb sites, but here is the original poster's recipe link:

And here is the nutrition chart for Generic - Cocoa Coconut Fat Bombs on MFP (you can input the exact ingredients you use and amounts in your own personal recipe to be more accurate)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts

Just keep them small, bite-sized. You can always eat two if one isn't filling enough :)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat most nuts, chocolate or artificial sweeteners of any kind due to a medical condition. Does anyone have a recipe for fat bombs that don't contain those ingredients? I can eat peanuts and peanut butter, so a PB one would be great. I can also eat coconut.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've made one using 1 tbsp of coconut oil, tbsp of peanut butter, tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes and a few drops of vanilla flavored stevia. I liked it!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I've made one using 1 tbsp of coconut oil, tbsp of peanut butter, tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes and a few drops of vanilla flavored stevia. I liked it!

How would it be without the stevia. Can't eat it either although I think it's technically natural. I have Interstitial Cystitis and my bladder is very sensitive to lots of foods. Stevia leaf is one of them.
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat most nuts, chocolate or artificial sweeteners of any kind due to a medical condition. Does anyone have a recipe for fat bombs that don't contain those ingredients? I can eat peanuts and peanut butter, so a PB one would be great. I can also eat coconut.

If you can eat dairy, cream cheese or whipped cream with your favorite extract (i.e. the little bottle of vanilla from the baking section) is good.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i just made a batch of bombs because i've been craving chocolate since yesterday.

4oz scharffenberger 99% chocolate (i knew i was saving the good stuff for something!)
    1/4c coconut oil
    1.5 squirts vanilla creme stevia
    2-3 drops peppermint extract

chop up the chocolate and mix it with the coconut oil. nuke for about a minute until smooth and liquid. add stevia and extract and mix thoroughly. put into holder of choice and freeze.

i poured the mixture into a silicone stick/bar mold that holds 4t per section. the whole recipe made 9 bars, 125 cal/1g carb/12.5g fat per bar.
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This sounds so yummy!
    Where is everyone finding this vanilla creme stevia? I tried making cheesecake flavored kind but had to use granular splenda because I couldn't find the liquid kind. I ended up throwing the whole batch away because it was disgusting.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This sounds so yummy!
    Where is everyone finding this vanilla creme stevia? I tried making cheesecake flavored kind but had to use granular splenda because I couldn't find the liquid kind. I ended up throwing the whole batch away because it was disgusting.

i don't remember where i got mine, but it was at a standard chain grocery store, i think in the baking aisle along with the other sugar substitutes. if your usual store is one of the smaller versions, check out the superstores (the "big" version near me is a kroger marketplace) or the higher end grocery stores. i've been able to find both vanilla creme and chocolate liquid stevia.