What cardio do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• ajancheta
    Options
    I love doing either jumping jacks or jump rope between sets and if its a few sets, I go longer on the jj/jr to make out to about 15 mins a day. Otherwise running is nice and biking but I hardly have time so I like to fit cardio in so I dont notice it :)
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bit of running on the treadmill (can only manage 25 minutes before the boredom sets in) sometimes a bit on the rowing machine but not done that ages.

HIIT training, ususally two Les Mills Grit Classes per week and 2 Kettlebell Classes per week....
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    play football (soccer)
    volume box jumps
    sled drags / prowler push
    sprints
    jump rope
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have ran on the treadmill for years and now I run around a lake by my home and find it a lot tougher, the sweat is pouring off me when I come home. Love it, working up to a 5k pb. Also Zumba is just great to mix up your exercise regime. A good variety is the key .
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2014! I love running too, but that's been limited thanks to winter. Volleyball. Love weightlifting so much more than all those things though :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    mainly running but also swimming, versaclimber and rowing
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Running and body combat classes.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes I just feel better in general with cardio incorporated with my weight training regime. I love variety! I try and change it up all the time, spin bike, treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine, tabata, hiit. Hitt or tabata workouts I create my own -the possiblities can be endless with any variety of exercises.
  • Cockney365
    Cockney365 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I play netball once or twice a week depending on whether we have a match or not. I lift too, an adaptation of SL 5x5 and 36 minutes of cardio (12 minutes each on treadmill, XT and step machine) each gym session. 12-15 minutes is about my maximum before I get bored of that machine so I like to switch it up. I also do body pump and tabata once or twice a week so I hope I am getting enough different types of exercise in to keep me overall pretty healthy!
  • DStroyNKonker
    DStroyNKonker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I joined a team sport... ROLLER DERBY! I am held accountable to a team of women who keep me motivated to stay fit. It's an amazing workout and great stress reliever!
  • katesch9
    katesch9 Posts: 130
    Options
    I discovered Fitness Blender through MFP a few months ago and I love it -- tons of free cardio, strength training, toning, stretching videos. I run occasionally, but I find the Fitness Blender videos way more interesting. Plus then I can turn on the A/C. :)

Anyone know any good YouTube Zumba/dance videos?
  • Wile33Coyote
    Options
    I enjoy hiking out here in the desert boonies...the terrain varies from very sandy, to very rocky and everything in between.
    I also use my recumbent bike when I'm unable to hike..
    Strength training is a combination of kettle-bells and dumbbells. Depending on what routine I'm doing, my strength training routine doubles as a cardio workout..which is helpful if I'm being lazy on any particular day or haven't hiked as far as I wanted to.
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot and use the stationary bike at the gym a couple times a week.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    I bicycle and walk everywhere, usually adds up to an hour or two a day. Running is stress relief for me - I don't do it a lot but when I'm upset a 30 minute jog works wonders. Plus a lot of fun activities are cardio... hiking, dancing, martial arts, etc.
  • hzm0016
    hzm0016 Posts: 15
    Options
    I was a ZUMBA! fan, but now I don't feel like paying for the classes. I'm currently running with a friend 3-4 times/ wk, and we're challenging ourselves to improve our 3 mile time! It is so much better with a buddy.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I do Crossfit for my cardio and lift in the gym. I also swim, hike, run, and walk. I don't do machines. I like classes like sports conditioning and other interval training types of things.
  • kiarafitjourney
    kiarafitjourney Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    everytime i go to gym im doing 5 mins warm up on elliptical or stationery bike, then weights after that cardio again for 10-15 mins. either its treadmill or bike, but lately i like doing HIIT on treadmill. it has more kicks and makes me sweat more.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I warm up on the treadmill doing HIIT - 15 sec sprint, 45 sec, walk x 10-15 sets. It seems to keep me interested and I forget about time other than getting to that next 45 sec rest. I'll be increasing my sprint/walk intervals as my cardio improves but right now I walk at 4 mph and sprint at 7.5-8 mph. Hope that helps!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba and yoga instructor, so I get all the cardio I need teaching those classes. I especially like aqua zumba for cardio because you get strength training from the water resistance - at least the students do. i get only cardio because I teach from the edge of the pool.

I go to the gym for weights only.