DAILY CHALLENGE #3 (7/12)

Options
Happy Saturday everyone!

Today's challenge is a bodyweight exercise. Many sites vote this as one of, if not the, best bodyweight exercise for you....

IT'S PUSHUPS. You know the one's that you dreaded when you were younger? Made your arms shake when you finally got to... TEN of them. No? Didn't happen? Just me? Haha.

Anyway.

As it is a challenge the goal here is to have a total over or equal to... 50 pushups. Yes. 50. You read that right. 50 today. Do it. Don't complain. Just try. I'm talking about doing the full out one's but if you need to do the assisted pushups I want you to press for 60.

So. 50 pushups or 60 assisted pushups. 7/12.

LET'S DO THIS!!! :bigsmile:

Note: Always remember that even if you didn't make it at least you tried. That's all the challenge is really here for folks.

-LUOY :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I can't even do one proper push up. LOL. Does girl push ups count as "assisted"? XD
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I assume we can do them in sets and not all 50 at one time? Missed the first two challenges but did 10669 steps (5.64 miles) on 7/10 and 11636 (6.03 miles) yesterday. Great work to everyone on the challenges, let's keep it up!! :happy:
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As always I am in! I may have to do them in intervals. I am not sure I can do 50 at a time LOL. I'll give it a try though:). Thanks for all your hard work!!!
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the assisted pushups lol!
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Done
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the assisted pushups lol!

Done.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I accept this challenge, ma'am!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I can't even do one proper push up. LOL. Does girl push ups count as "assisted"? XD

Yes they do!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    I'm in! I assume we can do them in sets and not all 50 at one time? Missed the first two challenges but did 10669 steps (5.64 miles) on 7/10 and 11636 (6.03 miles) yesterday. Great work to everyone on the challenges, let's keep it up!! :happy:

Thanks for telling me that! I'm glad that you are getting so many steps in! OF COURSE I do not expect you to do them all at once. I prefer that you do them in sections. :smile:
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    :noway:

Great job to those that have already finished today's challenge! To the rest, PRESS ON!!
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    Options
    Done...did 3 sets of 20 and may knock out one more set before bed! Thanks for the challenge, I have never done 60 or 80 push ups in one day!!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Done...did 3 sets of 20 and may knock out one more set before bed! Thanks for the challenge, I have never done 60 or 80 push ups in one day!!

If you do PLEASE post that you completed an extra set. It makes all the difference for the leaderboard! Thank you for completing the challenge. As always, you are VERY welcome.

Check back tomorrow too! :flowerforyou:
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Note: Chrissy292018 completed her 50 pushups for the day.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Alright. My arms were shaking and my body questioned me, but I still pressed on and did my 50 pushups today (in sets of 10)... the question is though, did you? :flowerforyou:

-LUOY
  • BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    I only managed 15... not as good as I used to be apparently!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    I only managed 15... not as good as I used to be apparently!

Well that's expected most people usually aren't as fit as they use to be! That's why were here though to work towards being the healthiest and strongest we have ever been! Practice some with your strength training every other day and you should feel better about them in no time! :flowerforyou:

-LUOY
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    Options
    Got a fourth set of 20 in last night, but forgot to jump on here and tell you. Completed 80 regular push ups yesterday!! Bring on Day 4!
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I aimed for 60 assisted push-ups yesterday; even assisted ones were something I had not attempted since high school (7 years ago). Very glad for this challenge! I aimed for 60, but ended up doing 70 :)
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I completed the mission:wink: ! I did a variety. Regular, modified ( what some call assisted or 'girl':noway: )push-ups, push-up using lowest step of our deck, push up using suspension trainer....it was fun to find different ways/ places to "up" my push-up count.
    75 "variety pack style" for me.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    I completed the mission:wink: ! I did a variety. Regular, modified ( what some call assisted or 'girl':noway: )push-ups, push-up using lowest step of our deck, push up using suspension trainer....it was fun to find different ways/ places to "up" my push-up count.
    75 "variety pack style" for me.

That's pretty awesome right there! Great job! :flowerforyou: