Sponsorship

Options
Hello my OA Family,

I am Susan and I am a Compulsive Over Eater/ Bullimic. I need help and hope someone is here and reads this!!

Is there anyone on MFP that can sponsor me? My journal, notes and so much are on here and I just lost my sponsor. I need to find one that i can text, call and so forth for my 10,11 and 12 step.

Please I am in need because I am failing on a downward spiral and I do not want it to get out of control

Replies

• MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am also a COE/B, in OA since 2005, had a 9 month relapse in there, but otherwise abstinent the whole time. I am not sponsoring right now but can always use more partners in recovery. I have a lot of experience with the steps, tools, and traditions. Message me any time!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan. Do you attend face to face meetings? Sometimes it takes a few times to find the right sponsor and usually your selection is based on hearing that person share. I currently sponsor, and I've had sponsees that worked out and some that didn't. I also had a sponsor that I had to part ways with because of some unworkable differences as I grew in program. It's a special relationship and sometimes you have to spend time in listening and deciding that you want with they have. Once you find that person, it could be a great, lasting relationship!
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I’m a CO and sugar addict. I am unable to sponsor any one else at the mo but we can be “OA buddies” if you’d like.
  • juliarucci
    juliarucci Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I am new to OA and new to MFP. I know that a sponsor is important. I have been trying out phone meetings and face-to-face. I have heard of several folks (when on telephone meetings) that have offered to sponsor. If you don't find one on MFP you could try that. Best of Luck! And, good for you for asking for what you need.
    Julia