Cream for your Coffee?

Options

Replies

• joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Several tbsp of coconut milk + raw stevia for me. However, I'm interested in this common theme of coconut oil in one's coffee. Never heard of/tried this! Does it just float on the top of the coffee? Might have to try it!
  • alska
    alska Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i drink mine black.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "I think you might be joking? Sounds interesting. Raw vegan so no thanks though."

Not joking. It's really good. I'd suggest it for you if you weren't a raw vegan who obviously doesn't eat eggs (animal product) or coffee (roasted, not raw).
  • lkw0311
    lkw0311 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ive struggled with this also. Trying to cut back on dairy, but dislike the alternative creamers.
    I finally decided on the 'Natural Bliss' brand, - they're in the regular creamer section, but dont have the artificial ingredients and chemicals of the mainstream ones. A teaspoon or two a day wont derail my efforts and it's tastier than half and half.
  • new_clear
    new_clear Posts: 21
    Options
    I gave up cream in my coffee when I was 5. Just kidding of course. I like coffee black, no sugar. I must admit I'm curious to try it w/ coconut oil though! Sounds yummy ^_^
  • stephaniemay9321
    Options
    yes!!!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I use heavy cream in my coffee, sometimes I add coconut milk. I didn't care for coconut oil or butter in the coffee, heavy cream or coconut milk or both is greatness. I gave up the artificial sweeteners seven months ago and just drink the coffee with the cream and no sweetness.
  • HelenCDavis
    HelenCDavis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee, very strong. A heaping 1/3 cup grounds Folger's Black Silk, Dark to 6 cups of water. My children tease me about drinking oil or sludge.

On occasion I will have some flavored creamer, 2-3 times a week for a dessert.

If you are drinking 1-3 cups of coffee a day with 1 tablespoon of cream, I'm sure you can work that into your totals. If you are drinking 6-7 or even 9-10 cups a day with cream, you might consider drinking most of it black.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I take mine black, it takes a bit of getting used to but once you do you are set for life. My husband (vegan) likes his with a splash of almond milk just to take the "edge" off a strong cup.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your macros than go for it. Its organic and natural its not processed and fat is needed to function properly (brain/heart etc)

I personally will never give up cream or lattes lol.
  • steelcitygirl24
    steelcitygirl24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Coffee with creamer is my weakness. I've tried drinking it black, but I just can't. I'm intrigued by the coconut oil idea though, I've recently started using it more and more with cooking and such. I once was a Coffeemate girl, but I've switched to coconut/almond milk. I want to experiment with some alternatives because I doubt I'll ever drink it black :)
  • DragonflyBoudica
    DragonflyBoudica Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    besides switching to clean nutrition, I've reduced sugar big time also. used to have cream and sugar in coffee. then went down to cream. now black the last three years.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I put about 40 to 60 grams of whole milk in. Yum!!

Also, I love coconut milk in tea :)
  • SamanthaBarber
    SamanthaBarber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee with milk and honey!
  • pammy359
    pammy359 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee in the morning and I use 10 % cream. It's from a local dairy and it doesn't have Carageenan. It's hard to find dairy products without it, but it's worth the search. You are better off to go with a natural food higher in fat than a low fat alternative. They take out the fat and add sugar.
  • RaychillKatherine
    Options
    Have you considered straight up milk + Sugar in the Raw (or Stevia)???
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    LilyOfTheValley008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is coffee creamer mostly an American thing? I'm Australian and hadn't even heard of doing it until joining MFP lol?
    Anyway, not sure if you'd be interested but I think the taste of unsweetened vanilla almond milk is so nice in coffee (40 cals per 250ml!) and I add a teaspoon of stevia as well.
  • meikab22
    meikab22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've recently given up the flavored creams and I'm now just doing half and half or unsweetened almond milk-vanilla. On my weak mornings I add a teaspoon of sugar.
  • sandraeward
    sandraeward Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I replaced sugar with raw honey and then add a couple tablespoons of whole milk.
    I tried almond milk but I just don't like the flavor.
    My son suggested coconut cream to replace both sugar and milk in my coffee, but I haven't tried that yet.

• vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i usually drink mine black. sometimes i put a splash of 2% milk in and a sprinkle of cinnamon. BUT coconut oil sounds awesome and i'm gonna try that! thanks for that suggestion.