DAILY CHALLENGE #4 (7/13)

Options
It's Sunday! :flowerforyou:

Time for today's challenge. :bigsmile:

I was torn between two decent bodyweight exercises, but I think I will go with Sunday Sit-ups rather than Sunday Squats because a squat challenge is in place for the month (don't forget to check out this month's goals). I am requesting a good 45 Sit-ups today.

I hear that sit-ups (when not done properly) can cause back pain or hurt an already existing issue with the lower back. I would suggest trying reverse sit-ups or maybe taking a rest for today if that is an issue. If you have suggestions on assisted sit-ups or crunches please message me so I can update the post. I don't want anyone getting injured, okay? :wink:

Sunday. Sit-ups. 45.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

Replies

• Ashley6278
    Ashley6278 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm down for the 45 crunches today! Its a rest day for lower body but I can tackle my abs for sure!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm down for the 45 crunches today! Its a rest day for lower body but I can tackle my abs for sure!

Sounds great! Glad to see your ready for the challenge!
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Woot woot, sit ups! I always fell like Rocky Balboa when doing full blown sit ups! :blushing: If you experience back pain make sure you are looking up at the ceiling, you can even put a tennis ball under your chin to help with the correct form. Good luck to you all!
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Got em done, all 45:). Maybe ill get an extra set in this evening.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    45 sit ups accepted! I'll let you know how many I do later on tonight.
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm in:smile: !
  • feydevilwoman
    feydevilwoman Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't remember the last time I did sit-ups! Up to 35 so far :-)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Glad to see everyone working hard! :happy:
  • Ashley6278
    Ashley6278 Posts: 46
    Options
    Abs done!!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Alright! I completed 50/45 sit-ups (and will do many more because of a different challenge I am doing that ends today). The question is.... did you? :flowerforyou:

To everyone that already completed the challenge: Great job!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I did 55 modified sit-ups.
    It is the first "work out" that I have done in a very very long time!!

Thanks for the challenge
  • tam6van
    Options
    75 military sit-ups done SIR! ( insert salute here). Ha. And have my day to myself so ran 10k:smile: ! My music was so good I just kept running ( realized at the 5k mark I had to eventually get back to my car so turned around). Great job in the sit- ups everyone:flowerforyou:
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    I did 55 modified sit-ups.
    It is the first "work out" that I have done in a very very long time!!

Thanks for the challenge

You're welcome! Great job!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    75 military sit-ups done SIR! ( insert salute here). Ha. And have my day to myself so ran 10k:smile: ! My music was so good I just kept running ( realized at the 5k mark I had to eventually get back to my car so turned around). Great job in the sit- ups everyone:flowerforyou:

Well aren't you an allstar! Great job! 10k! :noway: That's amazing! Music always keeps me going too! Good job on the run and sit-ups! :bigsmile:
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Done! Did 60/45 sit ups, feeling a good burn. Great job, everyone!
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I reached 50 sit ups today!
  • tam6van
    Options

Well aren't you an allstar! Great job! 10k! :noway: That's amazing! Music always keeps me going too! Good job on the run and sit-ups! :bigsmile:

I haven't run that far in a long time. I had a lot on my mind so it felt so good just to be there and running with my thoughts. This group inspired me( even though today's challenge wasn't run related). Hope it's ok I post my run( was sort of proud)
  • BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    between getting sleep... doing errands and prepping for meals tonight... i managed to squeeze them all in!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Chrissy292018 completed the sit-up challenge!

To everyone else! Great job will update the leaderboard tomorrow! Thanks for taking on the challenge!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options

I haven't run that far in a long time. I had a lot on my mind so it felt so good just to be there and running with my thoughts. This group inspired me( even though today's challenge wasn't run related). Hope it's ok I post my run( was sort of proud)

That's fine! Great to here that the group inspires you!!