Introduce yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia. My middle started to shrink during Phase II (also my legs got much more toned)...now in phase 3 I'm hoping I can get trimmer arms. Please post on the workout thread as you continue on and let everyone know how its going. Welcome!
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I'm Alicia and I'm midway through the 3rd week of jmbv. I am 41 with two kids 5 and 12. I have about 25 pounds to lose. I have already lost 6. I'm 5'10' and weigh 179. I'm excited about this group and need support as I'm struggling with eating so little.
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    Thanks! I hoping my middle shrinks thanks for the encouragement. Geez, it's harder after 40. I'll keep everyone posted. My body is changing as my husband says I already look better than I have in years.
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    Haha there r two Alicia's. My bad... Lol
  • jodios528
    Options
    Hi Alicia 2 - glad you've joined us. Sounds like you are doing very well on JMBR. My husband also keeps telling me how much better I'm looking on this program! It is definitely harder as you get older (I'm over 50 :noway: :laugh: ). Post you workouts on the workout thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1279178-jmbr-workouts.
  • msstephdenise
    msstephdenise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Stephanie.

I'm a single mom of 2. I'm 30 years old from Oklahoma. I'm just starting JBR again for the 3rd time. I have never finished the entire program before. I started it last summer and was almost at my goal. Then of course I got lazy and slacked off. Well this summer is different. I'm ready to finally shred all this weight that i have gained from stress and a previous relationship. I'm now in a new relationship and my boyfriend and I have challenged each other in a weight loss competition. So I'm wanting to "beat" him in this competition by reaching my goal at last! I'm trying to lose 30lbs.

I started Phase 1 yesterday and today I'm extremely sore, but very proud of myself. I am going to keep going and do workout 2 later today. I am also doing Hip Hop Abs for my cardio so that I don't get bored. I have noticed that in the past if I don't shake something up with my workouts I get bored extremely fast and I end up quitting.

Hope everyone reaches their goals soon! Good luck!
  • jodios528
    Options
    Stephanie - love your attitude! I know you'll do hit your goals - you sound very determined and a bit of competition is a good thing. You can log in your workouts on the workout thread (listed above)...you'll find a lot of encouragement there. Welcome
  • msstephdenise
    msstephdenise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I look forward to showing my progress! Good luck to you and everyone else as well! We will all kick butt in reaching our goals! :)
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Recommitting to start tomorrow! Plan to post daily, let's keep this thread alive. For those who have dropped off, come back! I need support.
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Quana and I've made it through the first week of the program. To be honest, I purchased this like a year ago and since then I've had a baby (15 weeks old today!) and am using it to get back my strength and get rid of some of this baby weight! I started week 2 yesterday and am doing workout 2 tonight. For the cardio I'm mixing it up between zumba classes and the cardio dvd. I'm so glad this group is active... I'm a huge Jillian fan and have had success with her other dvds. I have a substantial amount of weight to lose and I'm excited to see how much of it will come from this program!
  • jodios528
    Options
    Welcome (and congrats on the new baby). Please post how your workouts are going on the workout thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1279178-jmbr-workout
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting Monday, a friend of mine is finishing up phase 1 and loves it, it inspired me to give it a try. I'm 49, have a SO and 2 grown boys. I am a nurse but work from home which is a blessing but a curse because you don't move near as much as if you had to go to the office.

I've revamped my life and have lost 35+ lbs but kinda plateau'd this last year with finishing school, etc. Hopefully I can get back on track now.