Introduce Yourself

Options
Tell us a little bit about yourself. Feel free to add a bio, where you are from, your goals, your start weight, whatever it is that you want to tell the group. You can add before photos, measurements. How open you are with the group is completely up to you. There are no requirements on what you have to tell us.

Replies

• Ra1nb0w_Br1ght
    Options
    I am 27 and from Pennsylvania. I am married with 4 kids. They are 12, 6, 3 and 1. When I was 13, I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and began to medicate. The medication used to tread Bipolar disorder has one nasty little side effect: Weight Gain. I went from a healthy 150 pounds to 284 pounds. I began to have other health issues such as high blood pressure and fatty liver. I made the decision to go off of medication and find an alternative treatment option. Since I stopped the medication, I have lost 99 pounds and currently weigh 185 pounds. My goal is to weigh 150 pounds again. I have 35 pounds to go.

I lost a lot so far and do have some lose skin. I don't know if I will want to weigh below 150 yet. At the moment that is my goal since it is a healthy weight for my height of 5 foot 6. It is on the high end though. It will really all depend on how I am feeling once I hit my goal.

I started losing weight in 2011 as a New Years Resolution. I had a pregnancy during my weight loss. It has been a very slow process for me. My goal is to hit 150 by March of 2015. I see a new wardrobe in my future.
  • livvy22890
    livvy22890 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24 and I'm currently living life in New York City as an intern and restaurant employee. I'm looking to drop about 80 pounds and I've already lost 25 pounds so far! I'm looking forward to trying out new challenges to keep weight loss fun.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 54 (hope thats ok). At my heaviest I was 160. Every time I lose weight I get down to around 136 and then go up to 140 and stay there, until I go back up and start over. ( I am currently at 139) I just joined a gym and I am determined to get to my goal weight which is 123. I am eating healthier, but I need to be more active.
  • Ra1nb0w_Br1ght
    Options
    It's nice to meet the two of you. Everybody is welcome in this group. Age, weight, sex, nothing matters.
  • hbn1
    hbn1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to the forum and friends. I'm mom to 2 adorable boys - a 3 YO and 5 month old - and looking to lose my baby weight plus a little more - probably around 40 pounds total, though I'm more concerned with how I feel and how my clothes for over a number. I enjoy working out, though it's a little more difficult now with 2 nuggets, but my real problem is getting my diet under control. I'm hoping to have more accountability and success within the MFP community. As I said, I'm new to sharing, so please feel free to friend me and we can work together to get healthy and fit!
  • Sparkitty
    Sparkitty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am starting over. I have used MFP in the past, but I am still in a place where I need to lose some weight. I have two teenagers ad I teach school. I am really enjoying my summer break right now!

Glad to meet all of you.
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 32 and have 2 daughters-8 and 10. I'm not following any soecific diet, just learning portion control & introducing excersize into my life. I started running (at a turtles pace. Hahaha) about a month ago and love it! I'm looking forward to learning how to live a healthier life with you all :)
  • kurkwartburg
    kurkwartburg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am 43, hit my heaviest in Jan, was 250. Decided to take my body back. Started out on a different program(Lose IT) but felt like i was stuck, so thought i would come here. Been great so far! Starting to meet some great folks. Live in MD.
  • k2gk2
    k2gk2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I was looking for a challenge group and found you all. I have been fighting this weight battle all my adult life! I've lost quite a bit of weight about three times but have been unsuccessful in keeping it off. I want to lose for health and looks of course (smile). My daughter is getting married early next year and I want to wear a pretty dress and have no regrets in the photos. We can do this!
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm a little late to the game, but would like to join you all. I'm from San Francisco, but currently am living abroad in Paris, France. I've always struggled with my weight, but experienced a lot of weight gain in college and beyond. Recently, I've had a relapse of depression and with a new medication I have gained even more weight. I feel like I'm at a perfect point in my life to finally manage my weight and so, that's why I'm here :) I'm here for my future husband, children and for myself.