Challenge Suggestions

Options
Feel free to begin suggesting monthly challenges. These challenges can be anything to do with weight loss. Anything from food to working out. If you personally have anything you need to work on, feel free to post that in here. There will be months that the challenges are not going to work for everybody. Lets give a quick example of how a monthly challenge may affect certain people.

Lets say a challenge is to limit our sugar intake for the month BUT your a diabetic who has their sugar drop often. That challenge would not work for you. Instead, you could post something you need to personally work on (such as lowering your sodium intake) in here and use that as your challenge for the month.

The first challenge will be posted on August 1st. There will be a food AND exercise challenge each month so start posting your suggestions.

Replies

• mem0403
    mem0403 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest needs is tracking daily and making healthier snack choices!
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Maybe we can do an 8 glasses of water a day challenge. That's one of the things I struggle with.
  • Ra1nb0w_Br1ght
    Options
    Great suggestions. Keep them coming.
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok. I've been taking an everything in moderation approach this time around in my healthy lifestyle journey. We can give up one of our indulgences for 30 days-like diet pop, sweetened iced tea, the once a week Mac & Cheese I'll let myself have, anything that we want it to be.

For excersize, we can set a mile limit for walking or running. I know rest days are important so maybe we can try to run/walk 30+ miles in 30 days.
  • tatfoley22
    Options
    I think when we're coming with challenges...to keep them "universal" it'd help to say do 10% more or something of the like. Some people might blow the 30 miles in a month outta the water or already drink 8 glasses + of water a day or don't touch diet pop, etc., but if you say drink 10% more water or increase your steps by 15% or only have 2 non water (flavored/infused counts!) drinks a week that might level the playing field. Just a thought.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think a good challenge is trying something new at the gym. I know I often get stuck in a treadmill-weights-stretching routine. Maybe if someone does an elliptical instead of the treadmill, and so on.