New here

Vespertide
Vespertide Posts: 21 Member
Fourteen down and sixty to go. I have been logging for 41 days. I'm a grandmother to two and spend ,y days at a desk. At 64 yo, I am still joking about post partum weighm but can point to other life chnages that helped pack on the pounds -- when I moved and no longer walked to work, when my dog died and I stopped walking 3 miles as a badeline every day, and various life stresses (I am a stress eater big time ).

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 632 Member
    Welcome to this group Vesper........You have made a great start - well done! :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    welcome to the group and all the very best on your journey
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Howdy and welcome to this supportive, fun group, Vesper. Commitment and mindset are 80% or more of the battle, and sounds like you've got those down!

You might find our Wednesday check-ins helpful for keeping track & general good stuff :)

-marilyn (ker)
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Welcome Vesper :flowerforyou: glad you found us! Yes, many of us are stress eaters, that is why I have found that having wonderful friends and the support of this group so very welcome and valuable. Congrats on your progress so far and pls join in and let us get to know you better and support each other to more successes! Cheers, Marian
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    Welcome. Glad you could join us! :flowerforyou:
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Welcome, I am sure you will find this group helpful and supportive.

- JB
  • Vespertide
    Vespertide Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Trying to view this as a life style change, not just a temporary diet...
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Trying to view this as a life style change, not just a temporary diet...

That is a great mind-set!! :smile:

Welcome to this super duper group!! :flowerforyou:
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Hi Vesper - your attitude is right. it has to be a lifestyle change not a temporary fix. I think there comes a light bulb moment when you realise that what you have been doing just isn't right!