Any other first-trimester moms looking for buddies?

Options

Replies

• kt2312
    kt2312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ladies, I'm 13 weeks about to leave the first trimester but still looking for some friends to help motivate me to keep this weight under control. Already gained 4kg's in the first tri. Eeeeeek....
  • kinu21_82
    kinu21_82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,

My name is Shreya, i am 32 and in my 10th week with my 2nd (fist kid will turn 4 in Aug). My due date is on Jan 1st. So far I've gained 1 lb and want to keep it at that pace. Do not want to exceed total weight gain of 20 lbs.

I am glad to have found this group to keep me motivated through my pregnancy. Please feel free to add me.

Wish you all a very Happy and Healthy Pregnancy!!
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Zina and just got the news that I'm pregnant with #4!! I wasn't done losing the amount of weight I wanted but I don't want to gain everything back so I need the support to continue logging and exercising daily. Since I'm still considered obese my max gain is 20lbs for pregnancy...oh and I'm about 4wks :-)
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    4 weeks, 1 day with my second child! Anyone can add me!
  • Mom2jrzg
    Mom2jrzg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, My name is Sarah as well ;)...I am 9wks4days with baby #5...I am looking for support as well and really am not wanting to gain too much weight this pregnancy, I was 189 when I found out at 7 weeks and I am already 197 at almost 10 wks, unfortunately I already look 3 or 4 months along too, do not know if it has to do with it being my 5th or just bloating but I feel miserable. Looking forward to meeting all of you and bonding over this amazing experience we are all going through. :)
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh goodie, its not just me struggling! lol I'm 32 y.o 8 1/2 wks prego with #2, 1st is 10 years. I got waaaay out of control the first time around and gained 60 lbs and it took me years to do anything about getting if off until MFP. So this time around I really want to keep my gain to a minimum since I am just hitting the overweight BMI before pregnancy. I was so miserable after I gained all the weight, it didnt help post-part. So anyway. doing my best to track and get some exercise in when I'm not feeling too sick (which is most of the day). I've found that grazing low calories throughout the day with no big meals has worked so far. Congrats everyone, looking forward to hearing your stories, posts and mutual SUPPORT!
  • Lesleelee4427
    Lesleelee4427 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also in First Tri! My name is Lesley and I'm 10 weeks tomorrow, due date of Jan 14. I'm 32, pregnant with #2. 1st is 22 months. I gained 44 with my first; took a little under a year to get it off, and then some; and then maintained the last year at a great weight. I'm still working out (I do boot camps 4 days a week), but this time, the hunger is insane. And all I want is bread, which I rarely eat otherwise. Gained 10 pounds in 4 weeks. Not cool.

At my doctor's appointment yesterday, my doctor stressed protein and calcium, so meat, dairy, produce. I'm really trying to make that switch from all the empty carb calories that my body is wanting right now, but my doctor also said to not be as worried in first tri because the main thing is keeping food down and in and me not feeling sick. He said second tri should be better, I hope he's right.

So. I stopped tracking my food in MFP when I found out I was preg, but I'm going to try again and put my calories at 1950. I based that on what my maintenance cal allotment is, and then added 300 (as I hear that's how much over your daily calories you should eat when preg).

Agree with you, Micheetah; grazing seems to help me not feel like I need to just STUFF MY FACE when i finally eat. It's helping.

Hope to start making some carb substitute items so I can still feel like I'm eating what I want but getting some good nutrients in too...feel free to add me! I could use support this time around, it was NOT like this with baby #1....
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    27 years old, and 5 weeks pregnant here! Gained over 60 pounds the first time, want to avoid that this time!
  • wendimlee
    wendimlee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks pregnant, and my stomach is so finicky that I find myself filling up on carbs and sweets, which for some reason I can tolerate. I'm normally a pretty healthy eater, so this is distressing! Add me. :)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant with #3. Gained 50 lbs those times, had bleeding issues and was on limited activity. I'm hoping this time will be easier but I'm kind of just waiting for it to fall apart.

Right now all I want is roast beef and peanut butter. Luckily not at the same time!
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Marie and am 14 weeks exactly today, I haven't used my fitness pal for years but was feeling a little out of control with the cravings and just wanted to keep a rough estimate of how much I need and how much I think I need!

I have been entering for two weeks and feeling a lot better about myself and making some better choices - though Friday night is still guilt free pizza night!

Hope to talk to you people along the journey!
  • LoulouRuns
    LoulouRuns Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just hitting the end of my 11th week with my first child and i'm finally having some off days from the morning sickness. This morning was my first morning back at the gym in about 7 weeks. Í'd really love some new mfps so feel free to add me.

My focus now that I'm feeling better is to be active most days as i was very fit before pregnancy and would like to maintain as much as I can and eat as healthy as i can especially now that I can stomach real food again!
  • lpettrey315
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am 28 yrs. old and just over 8 weeks. This is my first! I too would love to get and give some support here. I lost 45 lbs. 2 years ago and put about 15 back on before finding out I was pregnant (Due Feb. 2015). I want to keep my healthy eating and exercising habits on track and am finding it much more difficult than I thought it would be during pregnancy. I am still eating pretty healthy but have cheated more times so far than I would like to admit. And I am soooooooo hungry all the time! I get nauseous if I don't eat every 2-3 hours. Luckily, I have still been able to exercise and run 3-4 times a week. I think that is the only thing that has saved me from gaining any weight so far, especially with the amount I feel like I have been eating!
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy hunger - nothing like it! I'm just over 14 weeks and get quite emotional when I don't have food when I need it... I cried the other night when my partner had dinner on the table 15 minutes late - it was a long 15 minutes...

Porridge has been my saviour - you know the small Uncle Toby bags you heat up in the microwave about 130 calories no sugar needed and they really do stop me eating crazy foods.
  • eautrey124
    eautrey124 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nearly 8 weeks here! I am teetering between overweight and obese and hope to find some friends with similar goals!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    7 weeks today! I'm in the obese catagory heavier than I've ever been (due to comfort eating for 2 years whilst trying to get pregnant!) Since my 2 lines on the stick my eating has been near perfect and in fact I've lost about a7lbs.

Trying not to worry about the weight loss, as I am eating almost 2000 calories a day most days, and usually good nutrition so I know the baby is getting lots of goodness. Except today - when I decided I needed a piece of cheesecake!!
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is my first time posting in the group. I am 11 weeks and 2 days with my first baby. I finally outgrew my morning sickness so I am back to eating healthy and working out. I have lost 53lbs over the past 5 years and kept it off. I am a little nervous about gaining some of the weight back. I started at 143.5lbs and am now at 145. Hoping to make some mommy-to-be friends!
  • aldisaldat
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks pregnant and would love to be part of this group! This is my second pregnancy, and I am already around 20 lbs above my ideal weight and want to be able to have a healthy pregnancy. How many calories should I eat per day my first trimester? Is it bad to try and either maintain or lose a little for these first three months since I'm carrying a few extra pounds? I will definitely talk to my doctor for at my 1st appt. but just wanted to get some of opinions.
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks pregnant and would love to be part of this group! This is my second pregnancy, and I am already around 20 lbs above my ideal weight and want to be able to have a healthy pregnancy. How many calories should I eat per day my first trimester? Is it bad to try and either maintain or lose a little for these first three months since I'm carrying a few extra pounds? I will definitely talk to my doctor for at my 1st appt. but just wanted to get some of opinions.

20lbs isn't a huge amount over your ideal weight, so personally I wouldn't try and loose weight, but from what I've read maintaining during the 1st trimester is pretty healthy. My midwife was adamant yesterday that what I am eating is much more important than what my weight does (I've lost 8lbs so far) but then I'm almost 100lbs over my ideal. (Also all this is personal opinion with no evidence to back it up!)

I've set my calories on here to maintain, and I'm averaging around that - some days over, some under. But my concentration is on nutrition and getting a wide variety of good foods.

Good luck!
  • kmburns3
    kmburns3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think I'm about 5 weeks, maybe 6 with our second child. Got pregnant immediately after going off of birth control and I don't go to the doctor until August 13 so won't know anything until then. Looking for healthy weight gain this time around, not 80 like with my daughter! Would love all the pregnant friends I can have :)