20g- too low for me!

laurelderry
laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
Good Morning Everyone! I'm back at it today after a weekend away (and lots of things I wish I hadnt eat). I have decided today in addition to being "back at it"- I'm going to aim for 30g of carbs, instead of the 20g I was aiming for this time last week. I couldn't focus, nor did I have the energy to work out on 20g. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    I know a couple who are doing Keto together. The male is alot like me once he gets above 20g of carbs he gets knocked out of Ketosis and feel like crap etc. The women is on a 40-60g of carbs and is still in Ketosis etc feels great (most of those carbs are from veggies.) For me 15 carbs seems to be my "zen" if im below or to high I feel like crap my thoughts seem foggy and I have a hard time during the day.
    I have gone over my net carbs of 20g and still been in Ketosis (might have been at 25-30) that day but it came from veggies im not exactly sure if there is a difference between "natural carbs and processes carbs" but I didnt feel foggy that day.

I have gone up to 30g of carbs a couple of times because of veggies but everytime I have my body didnt react the way it use to (since I started keto.) I would add 5-10g of carbs and see what happens you might be one of those lucky ones who can eat more carbs and still remain in ketosis :)!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Thank you!!!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    This is so interesting!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Very interesting. I'm currently aiming to be around 40-45 g as I felt that was a reasonable step down from the approximately 80 g that had been my previous target. I'm still not perfectly there, but aiming again to see how it goes. I think even stepping down to that lower goal changed something in me as I've not quite felt quite myself in the past week, but I'll keep trying and paying attention to see what happens!
  • eaddygirl2004
    eaddygirl2004 Posts: 4 Member
    I thought being in ketosis or being keto adapted gives you ton of energy? Stephanie skater person on youtube has a lot of helpful info on being in ketosis. she has been keto adapted for close to 5 years. maybe you need more fats. fats are your fuels. fit pal can throw you off a bit because it counts calories but when you are just starting out you need lots of fats and some palm oil mix with coconut oil. u need lots of sleep
  • eaddygirl2004
    eaddygirl2004 Posts: 4 Member
    she says to use organic sour kraut for post workout