Hello everyone, Im new and looking for friends

Options
keithm138
keithm138 Posts: 46 Member
Hello everyone I'm a newbie and my name is Keith I'm 45 and live in Kentucky near Lexington . I have lost 57 pounds so far and I have 27 left to go to hit my goal weight . I'm more active than I have been in many years , I am entering my first 5k race in August followed by an adventure run 5k in September . It's great to find a group of folks around my age for discussion and encouragement . I am looking for new friends to help me during the last stage of my journey and hopefully I can help you too. I'm always looking for new friends so please add me . Good luck to everyone

Replies

• mtdang
    mtdang Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the race, feel free to add me.
  • colleenzlife
    colleenzlife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Keith, welcome. I log Daily and like to motivate and be motivated, good luck with your journey, I'll send a friend request.
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome Keith- You can add me, I always log daily and my dairy is open to my friends.

Anyone else can add me too :smile:
  • andywraithmell
    Options
    Hi everyone,

my name is Andy and I am sick of being unhealthy. I've been using myfitnesspal for a few weeks now and I am tracking my diet daily as well as exercising 3-5 times a week. I used to be really athletic but got lazy as I got older. Time for a change before it's too late. I am feeling much better already.

I live in Tallahassee, Florida with my beautiful wife and daughter who are my main motivations for getting back in shape.

looking forward to being part of the group

Cheers

Andy
    :bigsmile:
  • mtdang
    mtdang Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not too late. Keep it up!
  • jjulliee
    jjulliee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a new-found love of exercise and nutrition, due in part, to turning 40 a couple years ago and wanting to be healthy as I age. I hope and believe it's never too late to get healthy, and I know I feel better physically and mentally. I have very strong opinions about what is "good" or "healthy" for myself, and I'd love to share what I lifestyle changes I've made that I believe contributed to a significant weight loss and will hopefully contribute to my health now and in the future. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • kms2072
    kms2072 Posts: 55
    Options
    I have a new-found love of exercise and nutrition, due in part, to turning 40 a couple years ago and wanting to be healthy as I age. I hope and believe it's never too late to get healthy, and I know I feel better physically and mentally. I have very strong opinions about what is "good" or "healthy" for myself, and I'd love to share what I lifestyle changes I've made that I believe contributed to a significant weight loss and will hopefully contribute to my health now and in the future. Good luck and feel free to add me.

I'm 42 as well and I knew it would just get harder as I got older to lose the weight. My issue is not eating enough believe or not. The things I eat aren't all terrible but I'm so picky that I eat the same things all the time, I need to increase my fruits and vegetables intake. I don't cook as much as I used to since my son is grown and never home, but that makes it easy to pick the quick and easy not so good for you things to eat. Would love some support and ideas on things to eat.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I'm fairly active on these boards, plus just active in general. As we get older, the weight gets harder to lose so we need all the support and motivation we can get.
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add, I could definitely use the motivation!!!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - feel free to add me! I enjoy motivating others (it keeps me on track too!).

Also, I find it's helpful to join challenges, even if they're just mini-challenges, it sure helps to be accountable.

Blessings,
    Patti
  • alyssasphone
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Anyone can add me if they want. :) I'm a 42 year old mother of 2 daughters, married and desperate to get healthy again. I'm on MFP frequently and log every day. Good luck to you all :)
  • jeanbrietzkegiglio
    Options
    Same here.. I need to get back to tracking
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning!! Feel free to add me.