Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Add me, add me!
  • savelando
    savelando Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    joined a few days ago, and can never have enough geeky friends.
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    UK Geek over here, add me
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some geeky friends also. Feel free to add me.

Geek Club Entry - I have seen every Star Trek series/movies ever made. I blame my dad. :)
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I dressed up as Capt. Jack Harkness for ComicCon last weekend, so I think that puts me on the geeky side of life. :)
    Am part of the Super-Who-Lock fandom, as well as Firefly/Serenity, Torchwood, Stargate {SG1 & Atlantis}, Harry Potter and the like.
    Love playing Diablo, Sims, and Civ games. Reading and all that fun stuff.

Would love to have more geeky friends on this journey to better health, especially any other geeky moms.

~ Cheers!
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I could use more geek friends of any kind! Here is my ilk….

At the risk of scaring everyone off and having NO friends,

Conventions: ComicCons, AnimeCons, BoardgameCons

TV: Whovian, Brown Coat, Walking Dead, GoT, BSG, ST, ST:TNG, The Guild, Video Game High School, Angel, Buffy, and more I can’t recall at this second…

Anime: Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, No Game No Life, Black Bullet, Cowboy Bebop, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Pokemon

Games: Zork!, Warcraft, WoW, Ameritrash and Euro Boardgames, Deckbuilders, Minis (Malifaux, Battletech, A&A minis, Wings of War, Car Wars, Xwing) RPGs, Pokemon

Comics: Almost all DC, but I like the Marvell movies.

Tech: Augmented Reality, Future Tech, Information Security, Information Privacy, EFF, Doctorow, Networking, etc…

Fitness: Running, Cycling, Triathlon, Randoneuring, Ultrarunning, weightlifting, adventure racing, wearable technology, anything that tracks and reports data goodness.

Other: I am a geek dad! I watch enough MLP:FiM with my daughter to pass as a Bronie. I know more about MineCraft than anyone else who has never actually played it.

I am not overly chatty but am a MFP regular and would like to make some more geek friends. Add me!

Jim
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm cosplaying in my profile pic.

I'll just let that speak for itself, and say that I'd always love another geeky friend!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    i'm looking for more nerdy friends as well. Anyone feel free to add me! :bigsmile:
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I need some geeky friends who won't just click the "like" button, but will actually write words.

Any takers?

ETA: If your responses are incredibly amusing you may find yourself the recipient of a hand knit Doctor Who scarf. ;)
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Geek since birth.

Star Wars, Boba Fett, Dragon Age, Myst, Mass Effect, Drizzt, Gordon Freeman, Cosmos, RPGs, SDCC, The Walking Dead, Robocop, low-budget 80s/90s movies, Batman...

Always on and post sporadically, but encourage as much as possible. Hiking is my activity of choice as I like to balance the real, natural world with the imagination-based ones.

Always enjoy geeky Friends and their posts...
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Geek by proxy! I love Star Trek and have for as long as I can remember. I play MMORPGs whenever possible. I love Doctor Who along with many other shows. Anything that involves Joss Whedon usually has me hooked. I am waiting for my copy of Waistland 2 to get here.. some day.. when they are done making it. Other than Star Trek, I have obtained by additions from the husband. I have also found that these things assist in getting me into groups or communities of people that are smart and I like being surrounded by people smarter than myself.

Generally, I hate exercise... and outside... and people in large groups... and a lot of other things...but alas, in my endeavor to be thin so I can get past the interviews, I have branched out and now take regular walks... to a nature trail... and through it.... uphill... both ways... okay okay, maybe my husband is right and it is hiking. Bah! I am to fat to hike! The graphics are amazing if you like nature and s**t but the game play sucks. :( Typically I claim he is trying to kill me at LEST once each walk to which he looks at me and tells me it was my idea to take this trail... which is was... but he is supposed to be there to stop me from making stupid decisions like that!
  • Castiel22
    Castiel22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Add me! I'm geeky and frequently on here :)