Recent endo appt

Options
WrenPat60
WrenPat60 Posts: 45 Member
Well, I had my third 6 mo appt with my endocrinologist last Wednesday and the results were very good. All my lab tests including cholesterol, HDL, LDL, etc were normal! My TSH globulin test had increased since my June appt with my regular physician ,34 mcg? so the endo dr decreased my medication. She said no cancer present. Good News! But my concern is that my weight is going to pop up again. Alreadly I have gained seven pounds! I did have an episode where I lost seven pounds (167) and had a terrible episode while golfing the Wednesday before my appt. I thought it was heat exhaustion because it has be abnormally hot here and I was huffing and puffing up the hills. The endo dr said part of that was the result of my medication and that was why she lowered it. I am going to try and concentrate on healthy food and good exercise to counteract this. I hope it works.

If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. I would appreciate any support!

Replies

• creay2012
    creay2012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great Appt. I also had my apt yesterday and had all my levels come back within normal range and no sign of cancer in U/S. although I am focusing on my A!C number since I am pre diabetic I started eating clean 3 weeks ago and for the first time in 4 yrs I have some energy....However whenever I am outside in extreme humidity I am short of breath to the point I use a rescue inhaler. They have told me it is a combo of excess weight and heat triggered asthma They are hoping with weight loss I can overcome the shortness of breath. If it occurs often I would ask about a rescue inhaler
  • WrenPat60
    WrenPat60 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. It sounds like what happened! Hopefully the weight will continue to come off. I went to water aerobics this am and weighed myself when I was done and had dropped four pounds! Maybe the gain was water weight. So glad your tests were in the normal range also. Please keep in touch.