New Challenge?

Options
Figaver
Figaver Posts: 69 Member
Anybody up for putting together another challenge? I'm in some serious need of motivation and accountability. I let myself slip a couple times during the last challenge and didn't come near my goals, but I still found it to be so helpful. Anyone interested?

Replies

• memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would be interested. I'm already doing a July challenge, but I do plan to continue on through August as well!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I had a good time, last time we did it, but I think I may sit this one out. I am having a rough time deciding what an appropriate goal will be for me. I am nearly at my original goal weight (only about 7 kg--14 lbs) to go. I am working on some strength training, which is slowing my loss a bit, and increasing my exercise. I don't know how much I want to lose over the next month or two. I'm not even sure that weight is the metric I want to focus most on. Surely, I want to lose the remaining weight. I'm really committed to getting below a BMI of 25--even though I know it's just a number that means very little. I have been trying to look around for BodPod or other BF% testing sites. I feel like that's the next step for really getting a handle on my goals. Even if one was close, I doubt I could afford it right now. I don't think I can use my HSA for the cost either.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Whatcha got? I'm game!
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm down!
  • itsryanneyo
    itsryanneyo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've never done one... I'm new to this group but not this WOE... Been following keto for 5 months now. I think I'm in!
  • Figaver
    Options
    I thought we could run it similar to the last one. Everyone posts each week their weight lost for the week and also their percentage lost for the whole challenge. We each make our own individual goals.
    How long would we all be interested in doing this for? I was thinking 8-12 weeks.
    Let me know what you all think. Sorry, I'm not one to usually run something like this, so bear with me :)
    Frob, that's awesome that you are so close to your goal weight! I can totally understand wanting to sit out, but I hope you stick around as a great example and motivator for the rest of us!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am new to this ....started low carb on 7/14 with my Husband. So far we are doing well.

SW 211 7/14
    CW 204 7/18

Is this what you mean? I am excited to see every ones progress

******* I don't expect to lose this much all the time. On the 14th I had just come off a 2 week vacation with lots of snacks, meals and ALCOHOL. I felt bloated from all that. I believe the loss will slow now.
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    SW - 209 lb 6/16/14
    CW - 191.2 lb 7/18/14
    WL - so far 17.8 lb
    Ultimate goal - 154 lb
    Immediate goal - 190 lb by the end of July
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I am going to stick around. I just realized, I am probably at my lowest adult weight (going by my trend, not the scale). I may have dropped below this point at one other time. I have the logs on an old hard drive, I may go look. But, my previous attempt (low calorie) left me a pound heavier before I broke and started regaining. This time, I have no desire to stop what I am doing. At least in the sense of how I am eating. I really love eating this way.

My weight is still falling. That's nice. I am still 14 pounds (according to my trend line) from being at a BMI of 25. So, I will get there eventually. At my current rate, it would be around 12 weeks from now. I'm in no rush though.

I'm going to hang around perpetually. Even after hitting my goal weight and body fat %. I just tend to be very competitive and know if I join that I'll pressure myself to focus on the weight and not other stuff.
  • amaffett5
    amaffett5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am new to this lifestyle change. Just starting today, so not ready for the challenge. I am currently looking for lots of motivation and encouragement. My ultimately goal is 60 pounds for health reasons. Maybe next challenge, I'll be ready. Good luck to all and I will be following for motivation.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I am new to this lifestyle change. Just starting today, so not ready for the challenge. I am currently looking for lots of motivation and encouragement. My ultimately goal is 60 pounds for health reasons. Maybe next challenge, I'll be ready. Good luck to all and I will be following for motivation.

Sixty pounds? You can do that! Heck, I am almost at 60 lbs right now. All it takes is time and persistence.
  • tped41
    tped41 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am not used to the lingo, but I am assuming "SW" is starting weight, right? It was April 1, 2013 at 185. Last Friday morning before I went into the hospital it was 107. Today, I am 115.6 Ugh. My goal: 105. I'll try and post like everyone else does once I get it..... I know it's fluids, but still, what a blow. I have worked very hard at this for a almost 1 1/2 years. I am 5' tall, and I want to weigh between 105 and the upper most 110. I have done low carb successfully and slowly since then. I love it. Someone wrote to me and said "you just got out of the hospital and you are worried about your weight?" As a matter of fact I am thank you very much! LOL. My goal challenger is to get this water weight off in a couple of weeks. My biggest fear is that it has something to do with having a parathyroid glad removed and goofing up my system!
  • Figaver
    Options
    I'm going to start a new thread later today to get the challenge kicked off. It's for anyone to join, no matter where you are in your journey. Let's make it an 8 week challenge, which will get us through the week of September 8th, with the final weigh in being on Monday September 15th.
    Each Monday I'll create a new thread for that week, and on your weigh in day, post your results. This is how I will be posting mine:
    SW(Starting Weight for the challenge): 255
    CW(Current Weight for that week): 250
    % Lost(Sw-Cw divided by SW x100): 2.0%
    You don't have to post your weight, you can stick with just percentages if you want.
  • amaffett5
    amaffett5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I really think I can. So here goes........