Any tips for glutening?!

Options
Ginger046
Ginger046 Posts: 204 Member
Was advised by my dietician to try the fruit and barley concentrate juice as I 'probably wouldnt react' as I am 'probably not that sensitive' - now feeling the after effects!! My main problem is the fatigue! Everything else isnt so bad cause I've been putting up with it for years! Any tips?!

Oh and I'm not gonna have any more barley ahha!

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    You seriously need to change your dietician. If he/she doesn't 'get' celiac disease or gluten sensitivity or allergy, they will harm you. That's it straight out. Drink lots of water and use mint & or ginger tea.
  • Ginger046
    Ginger046 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Been told it's just an 'intolerance' cause my bloods came back negative even though I was GF at the time - can't eat gluten for any longer than a few days so can't re-take the tests! Doc said it's pretty much coeliac I just can't go through the testing. Dietician is just trying to see how sensitive I am - I was to try barley concentrate and oats for my next appt.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Been told it's just an 'intolerance' cause my bloods came back negative even though I was GF at the time - can't eat gluten for any longer than a few days so can't re-take the tests! Doc said it's pretty much coeliac I just can't go through the testing. Dietician is just trying to see how sensitive I am - I was to try barley concentrate and oats for my next appt.

I recommend another doctor as well. Why poison your body and subject yourself to pain if you pretty much already know your diagnosis?

I was never "officially" diagnosed but I tell you what I don't EVER want to deliberately gluten myself so I can feel like he** for a week just to have it officially in my chart. No thanks!
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I agree - change your gp. if you were following a gf diet when the doctor took blood then the results won't be accurate.

You may have to do a gluten challenge in order to get a positive diagnosis of cd :( , you could do yourself long term harm by assuming it is an intolerance and not being strict with gf. Good luck.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dear GOD, the ignorance that is still out there is infuriating!!! :explode: I am so sorry you are going through this, and I agree wholeheartedly with the other posters that suggest different medical professionals.

I went through something similar about 5 years ago, I had a Gastro doctor tell me that I didn't have Celiac.... even though it had been verified by biopsy AND blood test. I asked him why the extreme reaction when I make a boo boo... His answer? The GF diet is easier to digest: uh-huh, yeah, OK. The man is a quack who was far more concerned about an appointment I had missed over a year prior...

Never went back. Find someone who knows what they are talking about, for your peace of mind, but also for your HEALTH!!!

My big tip, in answer to your question is rest... I know, not very good, but that's the only thing that has ever worked. And lots of ginger ale.