GF Pizza Question....

Options
TXBelle1174
TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
How would you log a gluten free pizza if you had no nutrition info? It's a small, personal size with 6 small pieces, super thin crust, with light sauce, cheese, and lots of veggies. Would you just give it your best guesstimate and then add a few calories for good measure? I can probably get close on other ingredients but the crust is hard to figure.

Replies

• blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I make GF pizza at home, the various doughs work out to be ~190 cals per serving, assumming 8 servings for a 12-inch crust. When I eat GF pizza out, I take the calories from the closest regular option in the list. For example: pepperoni GF pizza - use Paul Neuman's Pepperoni Pizza option from the database. Macros won't be exact, but I figure calories will be overestimated at worst.

Assumming your personal size pizza is approximately 8 inches in diameter, I would guesstimate the crust to be about 1013.2 calories, assumming they used a similar crust as what I use at home. Math: 190 cals * 8 servings * (8 inches/12inches)

Good luck!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I use Glutino Spinach & Cheese Pizza on the database and just add up whatever toppings I use in addition. Spinach doesn't have many calories and I always have cheese on my pizzas anyhow.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If it is just the crust you need I would probably go with the Udi's crust in the MFP database. It's small (maybe 12") so that might work for what you need. If you just want to swag the whole thing, I would try one of the Glutino or Udi's pizzas that is closest to what your making and adjust to your toppings.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    This is a funny question to me because I pondered it just the other day. I measure EVERYTHING but the other day I was craving bread but of course didn't want to gluten myself... then it occurred to me I still had some rice flour in the pantry... an egg in the fridge and some olive oil... some italian seasonings... and voila... next thing you know I baked myself a little personal pizza crust. Then of course added mango salsa and cheese (sounds weird but it was amazing)... baked those.... and when it was done I dipped it in GF blue cheese dressing..... sinful!

I looked at my food log for the day and said screw it. "Tomorrow is another day"

I follow my caloric gig to the T most days... sometimes though.... I throw caution to the wind and boy was it tasty! :)

LOL