Related but General Chit-Chat

Options

Replies

• 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    This is an unrelated post...

I've started riding a Hybrid Mountain bike in the Orlando Florida area as my primary exercise for weight loss.

Central Florida has many paved walking/biking trails available that go on for many, many miles..

A local artist here in and area called Longwood has been painting the fences with movie/television/celebrity/ portraits and scenes.

It is a very cool experience to be riding along the nature trail and suddenly come upon such an amazing series of paintings.

If you'd like to see this, there are a couple internet sources.

on Google and Facebook search "Paint the Trail"

There are a couple YouTube videos also, search "Seminole Wekiva Bike Trail"

Very captivating.... nothing like seeing it in person though!

Carl -

This YouTube address is my Favorite... it's a 2:16 minute video and is fabulous!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKryfaykP_s

Enjoy!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    That is very cool Carl, thanks for sharing.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Just a group announcement!

For August..... I've seen many comments where you are hoping to continue this again next month.... Well?

I'll set the new group up very late on Sunday evening June 29th... so be on the look out for:

"10lbs By August 1st"

I really hope to see you all join the new group and continue the challenge.

You guys and gals are an Awesome group... I'm very happy to be among you!

Carl -
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Carl, I for one appreciate your leadership. You are awesome!!:smile:
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    I will be in for sure, great work Carl :drinker:
  • 1013carl
    Options

For August..... I've seen many comments where you are hoping to continue this again next month.... Well?

I'll set the new group up very late on Sunday evening June 29th... so be on the look out for:

"10lbs By August 1st"

Carl -
    Everyone, Thank you antrobin and Smirnoff!!

Please let me hear back on this.... It appears I could just "Rename" this Group.... and continue to use it!
    That would serve to take our historical topics and posting, and continue to build on them...

Not sure which way to go with it... Rename or New ?
    Still thinking it through and deciding... This is your Group... curious what your thoughts are!

Carl -
  • Dee9394
    Dee9394 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

"10lbs By August 1st"

Carl -
    Everyone, Thank you antrobin and Smirnoff!!

Please let me hear back on this.... It appears I could just "Rename" this Group.... and continue to use it!
    That would serve to take our historical topics and posting, and continue to build on them...

Not sure which way to go with it... Rename or New ?
    Still thinking it through and deciding... This is your Group... curious what your thoughts are!

Carl -
    I'm so glad that we'll have a group next month also! I think that renaming the group would work great. Either way, count me in!
  • smithelly
    smithelly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in for next month, too! I think renaming sounds easiest:) thanks, Carl!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Rename buddy, all we need is a new weigh-in thread:drinker:
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Thanks Smirnoff... that's what we'll do...
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    1527795_10152110540993444_743547051_n.jpg
  • 1013carl
    Options
    LOL Smirnoff... that just killed me!

Thanks a lot!

Carl -
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Who did it? :smile:

About a day ago I received a message (or news feed) on my cell phone from this group.... I can't figure out Who did it! :grumble:

What it was related to, are my profile photos,,, What I have posted there are a few shrimp photos from a catch of my which was Memorial Day of 2013. They been there for about 2 months now.

Someone said they saw the photos and said they looked good, then asked IF I had taken any photos after they were cooked....

I wanted to reply and can't figure out who the message was from... sorry, I'm a bit scatter brained right now!
    Carl -
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Problem solved.... :bigsmile:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Glad you got that solved. I had viewed the pics but I dont think I remember asking you about cooking them - or maybe I did??
    lol
  • antrobin
    Options
    Took a cool walk in the woods and saw 3 bull elk trying to stay out of my view. They were trying to sneak because their antlers are still in velvet. One will be a spike but the other two elk will be branch bulls. Such a magnificent sight, so large trying to sneak through timber and brush.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    antrobin - how very cool is that! I used to love when we hiked through the Sierras (Near Lake Tahoe) seeing the big bucks and if we were in the Northern part up towards Lassen, on occasion we would see Big Horn Sheep. Those are pretty impressive. On the Eastern slopes outside of Reno, we would stumble across wild horses. Suggestion - take dogs and stay out of the lead stallions way!!!!

On a different topic - I have been under calorie - well mostly but have been eating back some. I love veggies and fruit but not eating nearly what I should be. meals comprised of way too much starch - in my opinion for me. I know that that work and the stress of crap going on here is driving a lot of it but dang. Got to get my head back in to it.
    Antrobin - we were kinda chatting about that last week. and I changed my mind. I think it is stress eating which I never used to do!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Took a cool walk in the woods and saw 3 bull elk trying to stay out of my view. They were trying to sneak because their antlers are still in velvet. One will be a spike but the other two elk will be branch bulls. Such a magnificent sight, so large trying to sneak through timber and brush.

Wow just wow!! I get excited on my walks through my local forest when all I am seeing is the odd fox, squirrels and countless rabbits, that must have been an amazing sight. I am very jealous.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    I am going to slightly change my target weight, my goal is to reach 14 stone (196 lbs) and it still is, but I booked a holiday the other night for my wife and I to go to Majorca, Spain for a week in the middle of September so that gives me 8 weeks to knuckle down and lose the remainder of my target weight, I'm now hoping that I can get down to 13.5 stones (189lbs) before we go so that I can totally forget about what I eat or drink over there safe in the knowledge that I have 7lbs to play with :drinker:
  • antrobin
    Options
    Sounds like an exciting holiday Smirnoff. I am a home body that seldom travels more than 50 miles from home.