Day 27 of Whole 30 - 13 pounds gone!

Options
carrieann8
carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! It is Day 27 and I went to see the awesome endocrinologist this morning. I have lost 13 pounds since my last visit a month ago!!!!! AND I have ALMOST lost the pre-diabetic label. My Glycohemoglobin was 5.7% and the range for pre-diabetic is 5.7-6.4. One more *$&% percentage point and I would have lost the pre-diabetic label in less than a month!!!!!! Only thing slightly up was my LDL cholesterol. but I'm guessing that will level off by the time I do my next blood tests in October!!!

Replies

• cew3028
    cew3028 Posts: 32
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!!
  • creay2012
    creay2012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    congrats way to go!!!! I am also just starting out I haven't done the whole 30 cant seem to give up dairy completely.
  • carrieann8
    Options
    Dairy was the easy part for me. LOL. I'm severely lactose intolerant. I had dreams about chocolate though!
  • drmartz55
    drmartz55 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    HURRAY!! Go you. So awesome.
  • mjaustin45
    mjaustin45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Very cool, I had the same results as well. When it comes to LDL's do not let them worry you, the numbers are actually based on a mathematical formula and is very imprecise; your LDL's are very important to your system and are used to transport Cholesterol around your body and get it to places the HDL's cannot get. Your Triglycerides are the most important measurement of your body heading in the right direction and those numbers should be a downward trend.

When LDL's get damaged from oxidation they are an issue and as long as you are eating fresh veggies daily they introduce anti-oxidants which carry off damaged LDL's and eliminate them. You keep eating this way and it will get better trust me.
  • carrieann8
    Options
    Thank you, my friends!!!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to second the point that it's your triglycerides that you want to keep an eye on, and your HDL. Don't sweat the LDL, as long as your triglycerides are low!
  • carrieann8
    Options
    Abbey - Yup both of those are fine
  • alyssasphone
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congrats!!!
  • AshLawsonPearson
    AshLawsonPearson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    GO YOU! Congrats! Must feel fantastic!
  • kristenlora
    Options
    Amazing!!! Great job - this is a huge accomplishment! Keep it up!