Water Wednesday (7/16) Check In!

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
water2_zps32593f14.jpg
Daily water equation: Half your body weight = oz of water you should drink.

So how are you doing today? Good day, Bad day, Somewhere in between?
Check in - Water, Exercise, Food!

Replies

• Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can't see me but I am awkwardly reaching around to pat myself on the back. 1) yesterday I logged every bite of excess junk food. I think it did head off a full-fledged binge. 2) I just got back from my kick *kitten* Orange Theory class where I burned 372 calories.

Now to drink serious amounts of water and have a few nuts.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Finally home... today I'm back to work. I'm trying to get back in the groove of things. Working on my water for the day, it's hard to stay hydrated while traveling. Especially when sitting in a car for so long and no wanting to make too many pit stops.

Now my sister is here so we're getting together tonight and my mom's cooking, I have no idea what's for dinner yet. For breakfast I had a pancake and a scoop of eggs from the cafeteria... not really back on track yet. Lunch is a frozen meal and I brought a pear, a banana and a cutie to munch on... I probably should go for a run as soon as I get off so I don't end up skipping it.

The weather is cool here in NW Indiana... not sure if it's really July!
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I had ordered a workout outfit from Fabletics, it came while I was on vacation... you get the 1st outfit for $25 AND they have a ton of CUTE stuff. I am excited to get home and look cute while running :smile:
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Kashaas - New workout gear can definitely be motivating. I'm still running in t-shirts and running shorts I've had for maybe 5 years now, plus some moisture-wicking shirts I recently found at a thrift store. When I'm closer to my GW, I might invest in some newer cuter stuff. I also probably need some new sports bras - I'm probably down a size or two, so most of the ones I have are not as supportive as they should be.

As for water: It's easier for me to drink more during the week, when I'm at my desk with my nalgene bottle. I was trying to drink 64 oz b/w 9 and 5, but I was having to go to the restroom every 45 minutes sometimes, and dreaded meetings that lasted longer than an hour. So I've cut it back to 48 oz during the work day. I also drink a glass in the morning and maybe 2-3 once I get home. So I'm probably at 75 oz during the day. Which is just about half my body weight. Weekends are harder since I'm not in my routine. I should probably try harder, but I don't. I just drink when I'm thirsty.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    It's 1pm here and I'm 40oz in. Half my body weight would be 95oz. I'm in some exhausted need water, need sleep state so it's hard cause I'm dehydrated but not wanting to drink since I'm so tired. Water is important so I'm trying to refill my water bottle every time I drink it.

Food wise -

Went to Burger king this morning because I did not get groceries last night. Not only a high calorie breakfast but not good in quality either. Lunch was whatever was in the fridge - yogurt, turkey and ham sandwich (no cheese), peas, banana. Dinner - I will only eat a frozen meal! I don't need anymore food than that.

Exercise -

Again nothing formal... really need to learn to do something formal one of these days... But, I walked 10 flights of stairs twice. Ankle is still hurting so I laced up my boots tighter to give it more support. Walked a mile so far. I'm not going to do any tonight if I get home from work on time. I need grocery store, laundry, and sleep.

HollyGoLightly - Good job on being able to get in nearly half your body weight in water during the weekdays. I hear you on having trouble getting it in on the weekends. I don't know where my weekend time goes some days.

Kashaas - Welcome back from vacation. We (Iowa) are getting a cool front too. This morning was 47F! That's cold for the summer

Mere144 - Nice job on hitting up the class and for logging junk food. Good luck on drinking the water! :)

Glad to see everyone dropping by to post! I know life gets and is busy so it can be hard to remember.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I worked out today at 5 AM so I started early, I was done with my gallon by 5 pm, and I'm working on a bottle right now. By 8 pm I will have drank 18-19 cups of water today. I go to the restroom every 40 minutes--I timed it. I stop drinking at 8 pm because I want to be able to sleep!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Texasbeu2y - Any suggestions for drinking water?? Seriously, I'd love to drink that much - though, I don't have that much access to a restroom all the time...

Today I reached 60oz of water. Feeling dehydrated right now so I know I should have gotten more in. I don't know why, but I don't drink as much at home as I do at work. Need to learn to drink more.
  • whitneyh83
    whitneyh83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I keep a glass of ice water around all the time in an insulated cup with a straw, I usually get 80-100 ounces in a day. I'm nursing a baby though so I'm thirsty all the time. I also don't keep anything else in the house to drink so I'm not tempted. I do treat myself to diet fountain sodas every now and then, they help curb my cravings for sweets.
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wednesday was a pretty good day for me. I came in under my calories and actually hit my goal of 8 glasses of water. No exercise, though, as I've not really got a schedule down right now, so by the time I have access to the treadmill, it's 7 at night and would just keep me awake all night. I am house sitting, so as of Saturday, I'll be back home and will be on whatever schedule I want.